Author Topic: Robert Struthers/Mary Paterson  (Read 5239 times)

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Struthers/Mary Paterson
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 April 18 07:01 BST (UK) »
I also have a Robert Struthers in my MIL's family history. He is her 4x's great Grandfather. I am looking for more information on him and Mary Paterson. I have Mary Paterson's parents names and her maternal grandparents names. I am willing to share any information I have. I also have my tree on Ancestry.com under Sammis, just look for either of their names. I started this journey after my MIL passed in 2011 and wanted to give my FIL his family history also.

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 April 18 07:38 BST (UK) »
I also have Robert Struthers/Mary Paterson in my MIL's family tree. they are her 4x's great grandparents.

Offline jbnorris73

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 06 August 19 00:25 BST (UK) »
HI, I came across this old thread while researching my mother in laws ancestry. Her father was William John Struthers(28 Jun 1925-24 Feb 1981) He is a descendant from Robert Struthers and Mary Paterson married in 1769 in either Glassford or Chapelton, Scotland. I am very interested in ANY information for them and their descendants, so that I can Fill in some missing information. I am willing to share information also, I have a tree on Ancestry.com under Sammis. Please feel free to check it out. I welcome any information for Descendants earlier/later in the tree. I would love to be abl to share the correct information on my tree and not guess as to relations.

Thank you
Julie

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 07 August 19 19:26 BST (UK) »
Chapelton is in the parish of Glassford, so it's not a case of 'Glassford or Chapelton'. See https://maps.nls.uk/geo/explore/#zoom=15&lat=55.7148&lon=-4.0932&layers=5&b=1
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.