Author Topic: 1861/71 Census Look-Up, Please - Laverick - Hetton-le-Hole/Shotton?  (Read 2695 times)

Offline Annette7

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 1861/71 Census Look-Up, Please - Laverick - Hetton-le-Hole/Shotton?
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 01:52 GMT (UK) »
I'm not connected to this family in anyway, Jade Hadaway, but reading this thread I see from your posts that you are having trouble finding your nanna Nora Layfield, nee Foxcroft.

Nora appears to have been 11/12 years older than husband John Laverick Layfield (married 1955).   

Nora Foxcroft's birth was registered in Dec.qtr.1920 Skipton - mothers maiden name Crabtree.

Nora Layfield bc.1921 died 28/10/2007 Barnoldswick - this ties in with the birth entry.

However, you might want to get Nora and John's marriage certificate to confirm the name of her father as there were 2 couples named Foxcroft/Crabtree marrying in Skipton just 3 years apart!   

Harry Armistead Foxcroft married a Polly Crabtree 1916 - there is 1 public tree on Ancestry which shows Nora was their child

however

Irving Foxcroft married a Sarah Crabtree 1919 - there are 3 trees on Ancestry which show that Nora was their child!!   I would lean towards this being correct as they have a full birthdate for Nora and show that she'd married and had a daughter (although no details of them given).  Nora's birthdate 19/11/1920 and trees confirm she died 2007.

Hope this helps you.

Annette
Scopes (One-Name Study - Worldwide)
Suffolk - Grist, Knights, Bullenthorpe, Watcham
Scotland - Spence, Horne, Cowan, Moffat
London -  Monk

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.   Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.   Just walk beside me and be my friend.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 03:27 GMT (UK) »
Aww thank u very much appreciate it thank you x

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Amanda36

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amanda sorry late reply also would massively appreciate that if u cud do thank you I can't find my nanna nora layfeild married John laverick layfield was Nora foxcroft x

Hi

Would you like to pm me with your email address and I can send you some information.

Amanda
Salkeld - Alston, Grassington, Earby, Burnley
Brotherton - Burnley, Barnoldswick
Layfield - Burnley
Flesher - Otley, Guiseley, Earby
Blackey - Grassington
Child - Bradford
Payne - Poulton Le Fylde, Burnley, Brierfield
Harris - Castle Bytham, Nelson, Barrowford
Sage - Boxted, Langham, West Riding, Lancashire
Hastie - Lanarkshire
Gillon - Lanarkshire

Offline Jade Hadaway

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 20 December 17 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Amanda don't no how to pm on here lol sorry but my email is (*) thank u xx

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php