Author Topic: Help please with Alexander Gow and Isabelle alexandrine Simon in Singapore  (Read 2045 times)

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Help please with Alexander Gow and Isabelle alexandrine Simon in Singapore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 31 October 15 21:22 GMT (UK) »
This is a shot into the dark, but I have a photo from 1939 Malaya of a family friend by the name "Mrs Gow" May have been taken around KL. My aunt worked at The Rubber Institute.
I may have another shot someplace if it's the right Gow family?
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline gloucester girl

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 31 October 15 23:48 GMT (UK) »
Really sorry I dont know the answer.  It seems very probable.  The family were in KL  at the  time, do you have an address?  I will look at the pictures I do have, it may well the wife of one of the 3 brothers.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline seemex

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 01 November 15 19:29 GMT (UK) »
I don't have any address but I might have a better view of the home which may match up to something you have, I'll check and post as soon as I can find it. I'm in the process of sorting photos so getting beter organized all the time
Hunter, Southam Thomson, White, Cock, Beesley

Offline cjc22

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Saturday 13 January 18 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi, Alexander Gow and Isabelle Alexandrine Simon were my great grandparents. My grandmother was their daughter, Agnes Gow who married Tjong Tiong Oei. Agnes Gow died in Hong Kong around 1944. I have a copy of Alexander Gow's birth certificate as well as a copy of the internment register in Singapore. If anyone has more information on Isabelle Simon, it would be appreciated. Was she French/English?