Author Topic: looking for information on marie alexandrine belhomme  (Read 4982 times)

Offline lili-willow

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
looking for information on marie alexandrine belhomme
« on: Tuesday 10 September 13 21:17 BST (UK) »
hi there

just wondering if anyone could help me ascertain some information regarding my great grandmother, marie alexandrine belhomme? last known is holt, england but lived for many years in the st clements region. thanks

Offline Hill

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: looking for information on marie alexandrine belhomme
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 10 September 13 22:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

At Jersey Archive, there is an Occupation Registration Card as follows:

Registration card of Marie Alexandrine Bree, née Belhomme, of 2, Chez Nous, Le Bourg, St Clement, born 21/07/1913, and John Charles Bree, David George Bree, Charles Edward Bree, Michael Roy Bree, Doreen Mary Bree, Margaret Teresa Bree, and Derek Bree, registered as children on back of card.

Also living at that address is:

Robert Richard Jenkinson
Frederick George Lock
Joan Angle Lock (daughter)

It doesn't imply that they were all living there at the same time!
Regards,

Stewart

Offline lili-willow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 12 September 13 13:34 BST (UK) »
hello there

i have all that information, i found it through the jersey archives, i am just trying to piece together my great grandmothers past, all i know is that she was once married to a gentleman named john bree.  my g.grandmother than had my grandmother and 2 sons with Robert jenkinson, though these born in st helier jersey not st clements, they then subsequently moved to Norfolk where they both lived until their death in 1997/98 respectively,  my g.grandmother never spoke of her life before my grandmothers birth, it was only when i found the information at the archive did we realise she had lied about her date of birth, and the fact that there might be other children born to her and mr bree at the time of their marriage, this in turn would mean that my grandmother has other half siblings who up until now she was never aware of, if you can help me in anyway i would gratefully appreciate it as i have hit a brick wall with delving deeper into her life.

kind regards

lisa

Offline Denny123

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 03 July 15 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa
I am one of Marie Alexandrinas Belhomes great grandchildren.
My grandfather was one of the seven children.
We are also trying to piece together our grandfathers life before he had children as this is something he kept a secret and we have only found out bits since he passed away earlier this year. Including this new information I have just found,that you have posted on here.
Do you know what year our great grandmother moved to England?

Offline lili-willow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 04 July 15 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hello

Its Lisa
I have just received and read your message you sent me last night and i hope i have some more information for you that is useful, i spoke to my nana and she believes that she left Jersey late 1950 early 1951, she was only 3 at the time and we only have one photo of her in Jersey at this time as reference, i hope this helps?
We have continued albeit briefly to keep researching our great-grandmothers family history but we can never find out anything new, so your message is a complete surprise especially for my nana.

my nana only found out that Marie had been previously married before when my great grandfather passed away in 1997 hence why my great grandparents never married, but she never mentioned that she had other children, nor the fact she had lied about her age to us,

everything seems shrouded in secrecy and there really is not much to go to connect all the dates.

kind regards Lisa

Offline Sandra Clare

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 March 16 22:15 GMT (UK) »
Hi Denny. I am one of her grandchildren, although I never met her. Which one of her children was your father?

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 31 March 16 15:47 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I have just seen your messages and believe i may be researching a similar line. Currently i have Marie Alexandrine Belhomme who married John Francis Bree. One of their children was John Charles Bree who married Beryl Sylvia Holloway in 1953. John and Marie had other children if my research is correct but not certain at all as details are very scetchy. Can anyone confirm if this is correct??

Thanks

Jamie

Offline lili-willow

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 31 March 16 16:52 BST (UK) »
Hello there

Just read your message
I can confirm that Marie alexandrine belhomme was married to a jean (John) Charles carboulec bree, and we believe she has 7 children.

My grandmother however was born to Marie and Robert jenkinson, so we share the same great-grandmother but not great-grandfather... Again all details surrounding the 7 children and what happened is extremely shrouded in mystery and we are continually banging our heads against a brick wall trying to find out what happened all those years back. My nana never knew her mother was previously married until my great-grandfathers death, and certainly not about any half siblings she may have from that marriage, we don't know what to research next as all the 7 children have either passed away or refuse to tell the story,
Do you have any other info on your end?

Thanks Lisa

Offline 4373jamie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 31 March 16 21:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Lisa,

I am afraid i have very little information my end. I am not even sure i have the correct person. I know a John Charles Bree married Beryl Sylvia Holloway in 1953 at St. Clements Church in Jersey They are my partners grandparents. John Charles Bree's father was listed as John Francis Bree. It seems to fit that Jean (John) Francis Coubalec Bree and Marie Alexandrine Belhome are the parents as they had a child call John Charles Belhomme/Bree at about the right time and place but not certain. The name is slightly different and have seen other posts on here that have put doubt in my mind that it is correct.

If it is correct i would very much like to stay in contact as you may not know much but seem to know more then we do.

Jamie