Author Topic: Church Records  (Read 11627 times)

Offline Vico2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Church Records
« Reply #45 on: Monday 14 October 13 22:25 BST (UK) »
Hi Hasta

Many thanks for info re irishgenealogy, I use it a lot and found it unsatisfactory often with items not listed. Now I can check the other site also.

Cam

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 11:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Hasta,
 This is just a test to see If I can get this birth cert to attach...CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday 15 October 13 11:57 BST (UK) »
Hi Hasta I guess I have to do them one at a time. 

So these are the records I got back from the GRO.  I don't know that they really help any other then on Eliza's where it says the mothers name is Margaret but the fathers occ. is a locksmith like the other births.

Also on susans record the s looks like an L and the occ. looks like an L.

Can't get the others to load.  I'll try and PM them.
CC
O'Farrell (Dublin) & (Westmeath) - Leonard (Dublin) - Duggan (Dublin) - Nolan (Dublin) & (Kildare) - May (Dublin) & (Manchester) - Griffin (Limerick) & (Dublin) - Doody (Dublin)- Doran (Dublin) - Flatherty (Dublin) - Ryan  - Dunne - Malone - Healy -

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 00:13 BST (UK) »
Occupation on birth certificate is 'Smith.'
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 00:29 BST (UK) »
Occupation on birth certificate is 'Smith.'
Ta Very Much A, that would be right two of the others have him as a Locksmith.  I was just making sure that it wasn't some other occ. that I was not familiar with as it did look like an L to me. 

Can you tell me why I could only post the one record. 

When I go to attach the next one it tells me that it is already attached..... :-\

I can copy but not paste. :-\ :-\

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 01:03 BST (UK) »
You possibly need to change the name of the attachment but you are only allowed to post a small portion for deciphering purposes.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Celticcrafter

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday 16 October 13 01:21 BST (UK) »
You possibly need to change the name of the attachment but you are only allowed to post a small portion for deciphering purposes.

Ok A, thank you.  Regards C

Offline Maria Waters

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: Thursday 09 June 16 15:23 BST (UK) »
Hello, Christina Griffin is my Grt-Grt Grandmother.  I have some info on her if you need it.  She is daughter of David Griffin & Mary Miller of Skinner's Alley.  Parent's of David Griffin are David & Eliza Griffin.  Martha Griffin is a witness on David and Mary's Marriage Cert.  I have the original cert and the addresses differ from the Irish Geneology Page.
Here is what I have: (transcribing from left to Right)
5th February 1865  David Giffrin Full Age Bachelor  Labourer  8 Kennedy's Lane Father: David Griffin Occupation (looks like) Lath Splitter (very hard to read.)
Mary Miller Full age Sprinster Servant 22 Brabazon St Father: Andrew Miller Occ: Block Lot Maker (Illegible). 

Get in touch if you want to compare notes.
Maria

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: Thursday 09 June 16 15:47 BST (UK) »