Author Topic: Sanders  (Read 4217 times)

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Sanders
« on: Friday 13 September 13 14:58 BST (UK) »
Hello my fellow Rootchatters!

My current project is to research the Sanders line of my family tree. Sadly i don't know too much about them. Speaking to my grandfather, whom is a Sanders spoke of that his mother and father, as well as his grandparents were buried in Bushbury Cemetery, Wolverhampton. The current lines that i have found are all around Wolverhampton and Cannock, mainly Staffordshire.

I have tried researching on the archives for my family, i had a Grandfather called Arthur but there was two Arthur Sanders that appeared, one that went too America and one in England and i don't know which one my real Great..Great..Great Grandfather is. All we know is that he was born and died in in England.

I shall be attaching a file with some small facts about the Sanders line but i wont be giving too much, like i said all the deceased were birthed and died in Staffordshire.

Thanks!

Katie
Brady, Carrington, Cox, Dunham, Everill, Few, Hartland, Johnson, Jones, Neep, Sanders, Walker, Ward and Wilding

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sanders
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 September 13 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi

You just need to go one step at a time.

Has grandad got his birth cert? That will give his parents names, and mums maiden name. You can then look for their marriage. The marriage cert will in turn give their fathers' names. Once you are back to 1911 , you can use the censuses to trace the family.
If you get stuck, then do ask on here. Dont give details of living people, but ifyou are sure they are deceased then tell us all you already know about them. Start with grandads parents.
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Keitht

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:00 BST (UK) »
Hi Katie,

I am descended from a long proven line of Sanders from Coventry and Birmingham. I have no knowledhe of any connection with Wolverhampton but in genalogy anything is possible and I would be happy to help if I can.

Regards,

Keith

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:12 BST (UK) »
Hi

You just need to go one step at a time.

Has grandad got his birth cert? That will give his parents names, and mums maiden name. You can then look for their marriage. The marriage cert will in turn give their fathers' names. Once you are back to 1911 , you can use the censuses to trace the family.
If you get stuck, then do ask on here. Dont give details of living people, but ifyou are sure they are deceased then tell us all you already know about them. Start with grandads parents.

Hi Liz, yes i have tried my absolutely hardest. Even contacted the Cemetery of his son to see if i could find anything out. My Grandfather can't remember anything of his Great Grandfather we have absolutely nothing. When his father died the woman he was involved with took everything and flooded it therefore we have nothing.
Brady, Carrington, Cox, Dunham, Everill, Few, Hartland, Johnson, Jones, Neep, Sanders, Walker, Ward and Wilding

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:13 BST (UK) »
Hi Katie,

I am descended from a long proven line of Sanders from Coventry and Birmingham. I have no knowledhe of any connection with Wolverhampton but in genalogy anything is possible and I would be happy to help if I can.

Regards,

Keith

Hello!

Lovely a possible distant relative, I would absolutely love help i can also share with you my current family tree so you can see if things may match with yours. Do you have skype, gmail or email? I much prefer skype but i'm happy with anything.

Katie

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:26 BST (UK) »
The gravestone photographic resource project. www.gravestonephotos.com has an entry for a vera and roger sanders in Bushbury. There's quite a few sanders from all around the country but mainly down south.

Offline KatieJJones

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:52 BST (UK) »
Yes already looked there and my Great Grandparents nor my Great Great Grandparents are on their, so i gather it is incomplete

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 13 September 13 16:59 BST (UK) »
My Grandfather can't remember anything of his Great Grandfather we have absolutely nothing.

So you start with what you do know,and work back.
Does he know his parents names? His grandparents?
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline weste

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 13 September 13 17:48 BST (UK) »
All these free sites are incomplete as they rely on volunteers. Freereg are due to update next week. They update monthly as does freebmd etc but the photo sites will vary because the photos have to have the info transcribed on some.