Author Topic: Urquhart/Bain families  (Read 5168 times)

Offline Ozcaine

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Urquhart/Bain families
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 17 September 16 00:48 BST (UK) »
Hi Vicbain,
yes I'm still interested. I found the same spelling variations as you did. I'll look at your blog & get back to you. Amelia/Emily Bain was my great grandmother (married to John Urquhart) d, 1875. Notice her mother's maiden name was also Urquhart.
Thanks
Janice

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline vicbain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 September 16 09:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Janice,

The Amelia/Emilia Bain I have is Emilia Bain christened 3 February 1803, Kiltearn.

I haven't looked into her descendants or marriage but the the Bain/Urquhart connection appears in a few generations.

There is a booklet the Bains of Docharty by Hugh Urquhart (1838-1921) which details some of the Urquhart line and confirms our Isobel Urquhart & William Bain. 

Please get back to me and let me know how you get on.

Victoria

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline Ozcaine

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 18 September 16 05:45 BST (UK) »
Any idea where I can get the booklet you mentioned. I looked on line, but no luck. (I'm in melbourne, Australia)

Offline vicbain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 18 September 16 10:38 BST (UK) »
I have not been able to get a copy myself as it is old and very rare and not online from what I believe.  It was mentioned in another book I read and I got in contact with a researcher in NZ who has a copy and they provided me with a transcript of the info useful to me.  If you give me an email address, I can contact them and ask if it would be ok to pass on their details to you. 

Offline vicbain

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Sunday 18 September 16 10:39 BST (UK) »