Author Topic: Thomas Richard BARBER - born Douglas approx 1860 who married Ada KINDER  (Read 9625 times)

Offline groom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me aged 3. Tidied up thanks to Wiggy.
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Richard BARBER - born Douglas approx 1860 who married Ada KINDER
« Reply #9 on: Monday 16 September 13 21:13 BST (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online Frances_mnb

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 13:56 BST (UK) »
all this info is available via www.imuseum.im (I do wish some would post sources) - you may also want to try the newspapers at that site tho that will cost
any thing with a Manx Connection

Online KGarrad

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 September 13 19:29 BST (UK) »
all this info is available via www.imuseum.im (I do wish some would post sources)

I did, FRances, I did!! ;D ;D
Garrad (Suffolk, Essex, Somerset), Crocker (Somerset), Vanstone (Devon, Jersey), Sims (Wiltshire), Bridger (Kent)

Offline maccaram

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 00:03 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have just been looking at and studying some old family photographs of my mum's-a Miss Janet Kinder, who's father was Harold Kinder (brother Edgar Kinder). I saw a wonderful old photograph of a Thomas Kinder (it's signed on the back) who must be my great grandfather (or great, great) and it inspired me to Google his name. I know my mother's father came from an established family and this Thomas looked quite the man. That's how I came upon your post and when I read it the name Barber rang a bell because I'd seen that name on an old photograph of a soldiers grave. I went back and looked closely at the photo and couldn't believe what I read: lieutenant C Aston Barber, Royal Naval Division, August 1918, aged 21. Please get back to me as I would love to shed more light on my family history- my mother, an only child, passed away when I was 13 and I am not in contact with the Kinder family. I may well be able to inform you of many more things.

Rachael.

Offline victoriaplum75

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday 31 January 23 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Charles Ashton Barber (2nd Lt RMLI) was the brother of my grandads stepfather Lt Col Thomas Victor Barber from Chorlton Manchester (the family were residing in Withington Manchester when Charles was killed in action at Achiet le grand 21/8/1918