Author Topic: Rev. Robert Monteath  (Read 6906 times)

Offline WilliamD

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. Robert Monteath
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 27 November 13 18:51 GMT (UK) »
James Monteath, son of Walter Monteath of Kepp & Jean Douglas ... his elder brother Major Archibald Monteath who... took the name Douglas.
They share the Mausoleum in the Glasgow Necropolis.
These two had another brother (there were eight in all), Thomas Monteath, who, if I have this right, married 'the surviving daughter of Sir William Scott of Ancrum' and inherited his estates. This would appear to be Constance Scott, 9th Baroness of Ancrum as the baronetcy technically ends with this William. Thomas was buried in the Mausoleum at Ancrum in 1856.
My problem is that there appears to be another Thomas Monteath Douglas, born before 1810, who whose daughter, Amelia, married William Scott, 7th Bt of Ancrum. Who was he?

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: Rev. Robert Monteath
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 June 15 09:45 BST (UK) »
Adding a reply from mpwarner -

I wish to respond to Skoosh, Buckhind, and William D who wrote in 2013 re Monteaths. They may consult book "Archibald Monteath" by M.Warner-Lewis, chaps 4 & 5.

ev
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records