Author Topic: The Hollyman Family. Clevedon, Somerset UK  (Read 4725 times)

Offline JayneSull

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
The Hollyman Family. Clevedon, Somerset UK
« on: Thursday 26 September 13 21:29 BST (UK) »
Hello
My name is Jayne Sullivan and I am researching my Great Grandmothers family history! Some detail below. Would be interested in hearing from anyone on this site who have the same family and would like to share details!
Many thanks

THE HOLLYMAN FAMILY
John Hollyman BORN 1661 Death 27 Feb 1726 Clevedon Somerset married Ann Newland 2nd Marriage
Hezakiah Hollyman born 1711 death 1749 married Ann Vowles Wells Cathedral 22 Dec 1735
She was born 1720 Barrow Gurney Somerset they had 5 children
Mary Hollyman born 1742 Clevedon (daughter of above) had an illegimate son Samuel Durban Hollyman.  She later married a Joseph Griffin.
Samuel Durbin Hollyman born 1763 married Ann Wall 1 Dec 1790 in St Andrews, Clevedon
They had 9 children.
Sydenham Hollyman son of Samuel & Ann Wall born 3 July 1796 Puxton Somerset married Harriet Rowles 7 Feb 1825 Bristol.  They had nine children.

Sophie Hollyman born 1842 Bedminster 2nd youngest child of above.

Sophie is my Great Grandmother who married my Great Grandfather Teliff Olsen from Norway!

Offline Discoveringmypast

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: The Hollyman Family. Clevedon, Somerset UK
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 November 14 12:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jayne

I've just come across your post regarding the Hollyman family, have you had any luck with your research?

I'm also descended from the Hollymans, your great grandmother Sophia (b1842) is the younger sister of my 2 x great grandmother Ann (b1832).  (It's been a complex family to research at times!)

Best wishes
Sue

Offline Sean Hollyman

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • I don't need to write anything about myself, because if you know me, then you already know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 December 14 01:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I've been trying to research my family history as I am a Hollyman. All I know is my relatives are Welsh, mainly from the Glamorgan area. Any leads would be appreciated!

Offline chempat

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 21 December 14 20:19 GMT (UK) »
Sean,

Unless you know you are related to the 2 previous posters, it might have been better to start a new query.

However, could you say which ancestors you are aware of - Father? Grandfather? Great grandfather? etc
 With names and dates?

Thank-you

Added,

Sorry, forgetting my manners,

Welcome to rootschat

Offline philheeks

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • My Grandfather, Frank William Gomm
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 04 September 15 11:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Jayne

I was just looking through the old postings & would suggest you get in touch with the Weston-Super-Mare & district FHS as they run a help day each Saturday at Weston library & have access to fiches of parish registers for Clevedon (come to that so does anyone who wishes to go in the local studies room there on any day) - if you type wsmfhs into google that should find them & the name of the head researcher is Pat Hase who leaves no stone unturned to help people (I know as she has helped me a lot in the past)

All the very best

Phil
Worcestershire - Heeks, Maiden, Pinchin, Hartland, Tredwell, Holliday, Morton, Collins, Aldington, Saunders
Oxfordshire - Gomm, Hamblet, Austin, Winter,
Herefordshire - Lowe
Radnor - Lowe, Powell
Gloucestershire - Holliday, Pinchin

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 05 September 15 11:56 BST (UK) »
FreeREG has Hollyman Records for Clevedon, Somerset :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)