Author Topic: Sale Family Denbighshire  (Read 3947 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Sale Family Denbighshire
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 29 September 13 16:10 BST (UK) »
Thanks for both of your replies once again.

Whilst this is very much a long term project,it is my belief that both the Cartwright and Sale families are connected to one of my Jones families.

The brother of Samuel Cartwright a Joseph Cartwright born in Ellesmere Shropshire in 1818,along with his wife Catherine were witnesses at the marriage of my Greatx2-Grandparents Moses Jones and Elizabeth Jones who were married at Ruabon Registry Office in 1849.

Indeed it is possible that Moses and the Elizabeth Jones who married Francis Sale were siblings.Both of their father's were a William Jones(Collier).

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 29 September 13 16:50 BST (UK) »
I'm not sure whether you had it in your soundex search but there is the marriage of Richard Seal to Elizabeth Williams(as per Kay99' s baptism)

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/KC5T-3X9

Elsewhere he is given  as a potter which fits with other data.

Regards
Roger

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Sunday 29 September 13 16:59 BST (UK) »
Thanks Roger,it didn't occur to me to leave the surname of Richard  Sale unticked for exact on Family Search!Though I have a Williams family connected to my Jones family the 1851 Census suggests that the Elizabeth Williams who married Richard Sale was born in Wrexham which is where of course the marriage probably took place.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 29 September 13 17:15 BST (UK) »
Known siblings I have of Moses Jones who was the son of a William Jones and a Sarah Jones who married at Ruabon in 1805 are;
John born c 1805.
Hannah born c 1807.
Simon born c 1811.
Thomas born c 1816.

It does appear that there were at least two more perhaps,Sarah and Elizabeth.though these two will not appear in lets say the Ruabon Parish registers,I only found Moses and Thomas courtesy of the Seion Welsh Chapel Cefn Mawr whose register is only available for viewing at the Cefn Mawr Research Centre of Clwyd FHS where I will be Tuesday morning!

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline michelle wright

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Saturday 14 January 17 22:10 GMT (UK) »
There is a Richard Sale born 1790 on freereg in Bilston, I am still researching him as he is a 4th (I think)great grandfather of my husband.  It seems there was a pottery trade in Bilston.  His parents are possibly Richard and Jane (Carden).

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 14 January 17 22:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks,of course I have no way of knowing where the Sale family I spoke of originate?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 14 January 17 22:44 GMT (UK) »
My apologies,after reading through the thread again I mentioned a Richard Sale born in Bilston in c 1790 in my first post.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
All North Wales.
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Talbot-Shropshire

Offline michelle wright

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Saturday 14 January 17 22:44 GMT (UK) »
Richards marriage to Elizabeth Williams (named as Richard Seal a potter) was witnessed by Matilda Seal and Edward Lewis (a potter) who married a month later.  I am trying to find Matilda Seal now as she could be the missing link!