Author Topic: ada callow 1901  (Read 9129 times)

Offline megh

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: ada callow 1901
« Reply #27 on: Monday 03 April 17 05:00 BST (UK) »
Hello Karl
Yes I have the marriage certificate between Ada and Jack (John) Petford.
Do you have any info about Ada for me to follow up.
I have since found out that she may have had a son later with her second husband.
Many thanks Janice

Offline karldowling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:34 BST (UK) »
Hello Karl
Yes I have the marriage certificate between Ada and Jack (John) Petford.
Do you have any info about Ada for me to follow up.
I have since found out that she may have had a son later with her second husband.
Many thanks Janice

Offline karldowling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Monday 03 April 17 13:45 BST (UK) »
hi janice

thank you for your reply, please accept my apologies in advance for my poor typing skills and content.

i refer to (Ada Callow married Alfred Ewer in December 1939 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, when she was 43 years old. (she married using the surname Petford).

have you actually got this document .  i do have some information and very happy to share. but i need to know what you know first to put it in logical order.

hear from you soon. karl

Offline megh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Monday 03 April 17 14:40 BST (UK) »
Hello Karl
No sorry only have her marriage certificate from her first marriage the rest of the info I gathered through ancestry.com.
Would love any info you could give me so I can continue to search for any living family I may have out there.
Many thanks Janice

Offline karldowling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Monday 03 April 17 18:23 BST (UK) »
hi janice

i strongly believe you have been barking up the wrong tree, if you can give me your email, i will send you my info. my interest was Alfred Ewer. there are two profiles, Both born in birmingham 1918 & 1922 hence my interest in the certificate.

if you want to give me all the details of the wedding certificate for ada callow i can have a play,
only supply what is fact at this time with no guesses or maybes. and is this certificate 100 % the right ada callow.

cheers, karl

Offline dewall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 00:14 BST (UK) »
My GM Phoebe Callow is the sister of Ada Callow

"
i refer to (Ada Callow married Alfred Ewer in December 1939 in Birmingham, Warwickshire, when she was 43 years old. (she married using the surname Petford).

have you actually got this document .  i do have some information and very happy to share. but i need to know what you know first to put it in logical order."

Ada married Petford first, there is another Ada Callow around the same time, but this is the right one. Ada's mother , was Ada Callow, nee Flint. I suggest you order the marriage cert etc for Alfred Ewer.

Ada had a child that she gave up for adoption. I'm a living cousin of Janice
Kind Regards
Deborah

Offline megh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 02:42 BST (UK) »
Hello Karl
Details below of the facts I have so far straight off the certificates;

Marriage Certificate 24 July 1924 @ Birmingham Register Office[/u]
John George Petford age 23 Coal Labourer of 20 Heaton St Birmingham, Father Hubert Edward Petford Metal Stamper
married Ada Callow age 28 Spinster Buco Worker of 20 Heaton St Birmingham, Father Alfred Callow Silver polisher.
witnesses George Reynolds & Walter Callow

Birth Certificate for Ada 16 June 1896 Birth sub district of Aston Manor in the County of Warwick
Ada Callow- Father Alfred Callow Iron polisher, Mother Ada Callow formerly Flint.
Address on certificate 1 Sutton Tce Lichfield Rd Aston Manor

Guessing this bit -Birth was before she married for the second time appears she was a servant had the baby and went back to the same place to continue in service.

Birth Certificate of Son Raymond Sub District of Colmore in the County of Birmingham
17 May 1933 Raymond no fathers name or occupation, Mother Ada Petford formerly Callow Domestic Servant of 46 Westfield Rd Harborne Birmingham.
in the side column its typed- Adopted.

I am fairly sure I am now on the right track as for 5 years I was researching the wrong Ada Callow born in 1906 also Deborah the other message you received has been in touch with me and have discovered we are cousins.
All very exciting to finally be getting more info on the family as my Mother has passed away and never really spoke about her Mother. Ada left her first Husband and Baby(my mother) when she was a few months old and never to be seen again as far as I know.
Would really like to know if I have an Uncle out there somewhere or other family members like Deborah.

I'm not sure how to get my email address to you as last time the administrators removed it and said I had to go through the PM service, tried that and cant seem to work it out so maybe you could try.
Cheers Janice

Offline dewall

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 08:04 BST (UK) »
Janice,

I have another piece of info that evidences that we have the correct Ada, I now have the death cert for her mother Ada Callow nee Flint - she died 47 yrs old at 20 Heaton St Birmingham due to influenza and heart failure . Not due to being run over by a lorry as my GM Phoebe told everyone!

Deborah x

Offline megh

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ada callow 1896
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday 04 April 17 08:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Deborah
I don't have any other info as I have come to a dead end again unless Karl comes up with something new, keeping my fingers crossed.
20 Heaton St is where Ada & Jack, first husband lived when they were married.
Can you email me the death cert, you have my email address.
Cheers Janice x