Author Topic: marriage help needed holywell  (Read 5686 times)

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: marriage help needed holywell
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 12:36 BST (UK) »
The 1851 Census entry is extremely difficult to read so I wouldn't if I were you take any ages from it too much!Thomas could have been almost anywhere in 1841 as could Elizabeth!I found the 1871 entry but the 1881 entry doesn't show too readily?In looking for Elizabeth's parents I take it you found matching parents that include both Elizabeth and Henry amongst their children?

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline jere

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 13:00 BST (UK) »
Hello William.
No i havnt found a william and mary owens in 1841 census henry was a farm servant and elizabeth was a maid in the 1841 census so i am assuming either or both parents were dead as henry was living with elizabeth in 1851 census.
the baptisms record holywell
elizabeth june 22nd 1823 d/o william and mary owens  abode greenfield fathers occ. cotton spinner
 Henry owens son of william and mary owens  oct.19th 1828 greenfield cotton spinner.
so i know by this that parents were william and mary  i did find a marriage in holywell for william owens and mary griffiths 1/2/1823  and this was the only william owens that married a mary so i am assuming that this is them. and i know in genealogy you should never assume . but this is the nearest people i can find.
jeremiah monmouth,jones,roberts  llanddwywe-is-y-graig,jones llanaber,williams llanidloes,tucker wiltshire,jones merioneth, jones machen, hughes tredegar, herbert montana u.s.a.

Offline wrjones

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 13:53 BST (UK) »
Whilst its extremely difficult and unwise perhaps to take ages given in Census entries as read in any event,the 1841 Census is particularly tricky as ages were rounded up or down to the nearest five or ten years.

The only possible William and Mary Owens I could find in the 1841 Census in the Holywell area is a couple where William is given as an Inn Keeper and born in c 1806,Mary in c 1804!No children are with them.

Regards
William Russell Jones.
Jones, Griffiths. Stephens, Parry, Gabriel, Conway, Hughes, Evans, Roberts, Lea, Hanmer. Peake, Edwards. Newnes, Davies. Thomas. "Blythin".
All North Wales.
Conway, Durber, Cartlidge, Lovatt, Bebington. Brindley, Sankey, Brunt. Dean. Clewes. Rhodes. Mountford,Walker,Bache, "Gibbons"Hood. Taylor
All Stoke-on-Trent.
Francis - Nantwich Cheshire.
Dennell - Cheshire/Staffordshire.
Talbot-Shropshire
Census Information Is Crown Copyright,from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk