Author Topic: George Clark marr'd Jane Hobson in 1786 Parish of Danby - Wiske, North Yorkshire  (Read 7174 times)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi I  m looking to find out more information on the ancestors of my 5 x Great Grandfather George clark and his birth date and anything at all on the clark family   George and Jane's son William married Hannah Wilson 4 Apr 1814 Smeaton, Yorkshire. and had a daughter Ann whom I am descended from and she married Francis Watson but have been unable to find a marriage record yet. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
Re: George Clark marr'd Jane Hobson in 1786 Parish of Danby - Wiske, North Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 09:24 BST (UK) »
GEORGE Clark Buried 01 October 1823, Danby-Wiske, Yorkshire, no age given
JANE Clark Buried 10 December 1851 same place, no age given.

I presume you have Jane on Census.
In 1851 she is with Daug Mary now Mrs Oliver, in Northallerton age 90 (Birth c 1761)
1841 she is with the Olivers also age 70

Familysearch has a few possible christenings for George from 1755-1762

Do you have all of George/Janes Childrens christenings to establish a possible naming pattern?

Trish :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Elizlloyd

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: George Clark marr'd Jane Hobson in 1786 Parish of Danby - Wiske, North Yorkshire
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 October 13 15:44 BST (UK) »
Hi  trish1120

Thank you for George Clark's burial date, and Jane's burial date, and  i only have one child for them William Clark but no birth date and not sure if he is their child or not.

Thanks for finding that George Clark possible christenings 1755-1762 Im guessing he was christened in Danby in Cleveland which i have just looked up but could'nt find and also just looked this up on Freereg.org  and could'nt find it on there either so if you help me pin down a birth record would appreciate it.

I dont know who the parents were for George clark or if he had any siblings.  As im trying to put a Clark Ancestry together, and not sure if this clark family goes back into Scotland. Any help would appreciate.

Thanks

Elizlloyd.
Way, Haydon, Sharland, Frost, Gunn, Searles, Carew, Jones, Gould, Smith, Featherstone, Lloyd,

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 02 October 13 16:08 BST (UK) »
Just signing out as its late here in OZ.
If I find anything I will add to this :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 06 October 13 11:14 BST (UK) »
Hi,

First I would like to point out the Danby Wiske and Danby in Cleveland are two different places and not near each other.

There is a marriage for Francis WATSON and ANN CLARK in Ainderby Steeple 26/12/1835. Both are of this parish and witnesses are Joseph PRATT, Ann WATSON and James MILBURN

William CLARK (son of George CLARK and Jane HOBSON) is in Thrintoft, Ainderby Steeple with, presumably, his second wife, Elizabeth in 1841 and 1851 census

Children of William CLARK and Hannah baptized in Ainderby Steeple are

Mary, 25/2/1816
Ann,  31/1/1818
Alice, 20/2/1820
William, 3/11/1821
Bartholomew, 21/9/1823
George, 15/6/1825
Hannah, 6/5/1827
John, 7/2/1829
Robert, 3/10/1830
Elizabeth, 1/7/1832
Henry, 22/3/1834
Margaret, 24/11/1835
Eliza, 31/1/1837

All children of William and Hannah Clark, labourer of Thrintoft, Ainderby Steeple

So presumably Hannah died between 1837-1841 and he married Elizabeth who is with him in 1841 and 1851. There don't appear to be any children to his second marriage.

Children of George CLARK and Jane HOBSON born/baptized in Danby Wiske are

Ann, born 28/7/1787, bapt. 30/7/1787
John, born 5/9/1788, bapt. 8/9/1788
Mary, born 2/5/1790, bapt. 18/7/1790
William, born 30/5/1792, bapt. 8/7/1792
Jane, born 1/9/1794, bapt. 12/10/1794
George, born 22/3/1796, bapt 25/3/1796
Margaret, born 18/9/1797, bapt. 24/9/1797
Alice, born 17/2/1800, bapt. 2/3/1800
James, born 17/5/1801, bapt. 24/5/1801
Hannah, born 4/4/1803, bapt. 8/4/1803
Robert, born 25/5/1806, bapt. 13/7/1806

All children of George CLARK (described as cottager and then husbandman) and Jane HOBSON, dau. of John HOBSON of Danby. Some of the baptisms give the address as Crawford House. Jane's father John HOBSON is described as 'deceased' for the first time at George's baptism in 1796.

I'll let you sort that lot out. If you need any further information, please get back to me

Nannawilk :)

Offline Nannawilk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 06 October 13 12:22 BST (UK) »
There's this Memorial Inscription in Ainderby Steeple

A sacred memorial of Ann WATSON wife of Francis WATSON d. Sep 2 1862 aged 45 yrs. Also Robert their son who d. 20 May 1864 aged 28 yrs

Offline gpearey

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 23 November 13 16:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I have only recently noted this thread and I realise I may be giving you information you already have, but just in case you don't...

A few years ago, I was given some information taken from the burial records for Danby Wiske Parish Church as I used to live in the village for a number of years.  This contained a number of Clark / Clarke references:

Surname     Forenames     Abode                  Date of Burial     Age
Clark          Elizabeth        South Cowton       14/10/1882        61
Clark          George           Danby Wiske        01/10/1823        65
Clark          Jane               Northallerton        18/12/1851        91
Clarke        George           Bolton on Swale    20/12/1864        59
Clarke        Mary              Darlington             29/11/1886       85
Clarke        William           Danby Wiske         03/01/1865       28

I'm a bit sceptical as to the accuracy of some of the above; however, as there is the MI below with information which varies slightly.  This appears to have been the only grave that has been transcribed.

"In remembrance of George Clark of Hewson Hill who departed this life Dec 18th 1864 aged 60 years.  Also of William Clark son of the above who departed this life Jan 1st 1865 aged 33 years"

An address of Crawford House was mentioned previously.  Whilst I'm not sure where this is, there is a road known as 'Crawford Lane' which links the Danby Wiske road to the A167 Northallerton to Darlington road (although this comes up as Crowfoot Lane on Google maps).  There is only a farm called Crawford Farm on this road and a house at the junction with the A167 so it may refer to one of these.

Hope this helps
Graham
Flintoff, Trotter, Glover, Pybus, Brown, Peacock, Bowes, Barker, Pease (all North Riding of Yorkshire area).

Offline gilian rowland

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 01 June 17 19:29 BST (UK) »
Elizlloyd
I have just seen your posting (and replies) and am interested as you say you are compiling a history of the
Clark family of Thrintoft.  I am descended from ALICE CLARK born 1820 died 1864 daughter of
William Clark and Hannah.
You asked for info on marriage of Ann Clark to Francis Watson but I note you have been given this info.

I don't know if Roots chat sends me an email if you (or anyone) replies and understand it's
not recommended to give out  a personal email

Someone helped me put some details of Alice on Ancestry I am a guest so can't see or access
a tree.  I believe someone has posted the marriage of William to Hannah Wilson.

Best wishes
Jill

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 01 June 17 19:48 BST (UK) »

I don't know if Roots chat sends me an email if you (or anyone) replies and understand it's
not recommended to give out  a personal email

Hello and welcome to Rootschat Jill :)

Elizlloyd should receive notification of your reply she was last active May 2017

If you want too you can send a personal message to Elizlloyd - here's a link to show you how
to use the personal message system on Rootschat

http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk