Author Topic: Colonal Charles GOLD  (Read 8441 times)

Offline red3

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Colonal Charles GOLD
« Reply #9 on: Friday 28 August 15 10:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Goldie
Charles Emeilius Gold's paintings can be seen on line. 
I will pull out my file on the Gold family and see how far I got.  Will get back to you soon.
Its Henry Y Gold who is of interest to me.

Ellsgold let us know who your great grandparents are then we may be able to work out how you may fit in. 

Regards Red3
Ghent/Gent- Nottinghamshire, Canada to NZ
Brown- Ireland to NZ
Just- Durham to NZ
Battensby-Durham to NZ
Protheroe- Pembrokeshire /London to NZ
Capstick-Lancashire /York to NZ

Offline Goldie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 29 August 15 13:09 BST (UK) »
Hello Ellsgol,
I am a descendent of Lieutenant Richard Gold who was an officer of the 47th Regiment and was killed in the Battle of Bunker Hill in Boston at the beginning of the American war for Independence. His son became Colonel Charles Gold who commanded the Artillery at Waterloo. Charles had 3 sons in the British Army. I descend from Colonel Henry Yarborough Gold whose son Henry migrated to Australia at age 19 and was joined by younger brothers Charles Joyce Gold and William Gold.  All  selected virgin land and became pioneer farmers. My father Andrew  inherited Henry's land and in turn I inherited the 600 acre farm near Brisbane Queensland.  The farm was submerged by a water supply dam in 1974 and I am now retired. I have loads of family history documents. some internet information sites and photos. Tell me what interests you most.  Goldie.

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile

Offline pauldinn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 25 September 15 02:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Goldie, red3 and AMBLY

I see your very interesting postings. While I am descended from Charles Yarburg GOLD (my maternal g.grandfather) I am currently trying to get a start of the GOLD family researched. I have Richard with the Battle of Bunker Hill but not a lot else. Also quite a bit of Charles but not his marriage or his birth.
You seem to have some of this information.
I have information about the Golds in New Zealand - Emilius and Yarburg - and I'm researching Yarburg's interesting life in Australia.

Offline Goldie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 25 September 15 08:55 BST (UK) »
Hi pauldinn,
Good to hear from you .  I can certainly fill you in on much of the Gold ancestors and also lead you to some online information.
I am rather busy at present but I will get back to you as soon as I have more time. 
It might be more convenient to exchange information by ordinary email where copying printed material and photos are concerned.
My email address is (*)
My present concentration is on finding the parents of Leut. Richard Gold (Bunker Hill) and his wife
who  I have as Joyce Clarke. I also have a hint that they had another child Bunny ..???...  I feel that they might have been married in Canada when Richard was there with the Lancashire Regiment but so far I have not found Canadian records reaching back further than 1813.
I am tather interested in how the name Yarborough came to be included in a list of descendents in our clan.  I have a memorial men's dress ring i scribed with the name Nicolas Edmond Yarburgh
ob August 6 1832 ae 1881.  It has obviously been handed down from generation to generation but I have no information why we have this in Australia. It must have some connection to the naming of several Golds.
Best Luck with your searches.  I will be back soon.
Regards,
Kenneth Andrew Gold
born 6/1/1932
Brisbane, Australia.

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

Offline pauldinn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Saturday 26 September 15 04:22 BST (UK) »
Thank you for that Ken.
You and I were communicating about the Golds in 2005. I stopped researching around 2009 and am just getting back to it.
I have an answer to your query re Yarburg and will send you my copy of Charles' Will & Probate in which the answer lies I think.
I'll await your email as the acenet address I had for you then is unlikely to still be the same.

Offline pauldinn

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 26 September 15 04:40 BST (UK) »
Have re read your letter Ken and will send the will - you probably have it already.

Offline Goldie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Friday 07 October 16 13:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Red3,
Old papers that are in  my possession say that Charles Gold was born on 1/11.1768.  His father was Captain Richard Gold (47 Regiment Foot - killed at battle of Bunker Hill, Boston - then Canada)  His mother was Joyce Clark.  This information is confirmed in an advertisement by Auctioneers DNW of 16 Bolton St., Piccadilly who sold a large amount of Gold family records known as the Tamplin Collection in 2006. 
I have not been able to discover who bought the collection at a price of 6000 pounds.  Those records would contain all the details that we seek.  I once came across a hint that Richard and Joyce may have been married in Canada in the 1760's but I have not been able to confirm that.  If you find any possible leads please contact me.  Regards, Goldie

Moderator comment: personal email address removed in accordance with RootsChat general practice to avoid others abusing or spamming it.  Please use the personal message system to exchange email addresses.  Thanks

Offline red3

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Saturday 08 October 16 08:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Goldie
Thanks for the reply.  I have not made any more progress on the family.  Hit a brickwall I'm afraid.
Will let you know if I find anything.
Like you said the answers may lie in the hands of others.
Regards
Red
Ghent/Gent- Nottinghamshire, Canada to NZ
Brown- Ireland to NZ
Just- Durham to NZ
Battensby-Durham to NZ
Protheroe- Pembrokeshire /London to NZ
Capstick-Lancashire /York to NZ