Author Topic: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries(Part 2).  (Read 36661 times)

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: HEADSTONE INSCRIPTIONS East Wemyss & West Wemyss Cemeteries(Part 2).
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday 15 August 17 18:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie
I have communicated with you in the past and you were most helpful. This is a long shot but I was wondering if there were any PETER /KINNEAR headstones that you are aware of? Any help would be most appreciated, here in sunny Australia. Thank you.
Hi sorry no headstones for Peter / Kinnear in my index
Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline RJStewart29

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: Saturday 14 April 18 15:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Might be a bit of a long shot, looking for an ancestor of mine, James McDonald. He was born around 1784 and died in Buckhaven in 1842, though lived in East Wemyss for a time. His wife Janet (nee Hamilton) died in Buckhaven in 1873. I'm not too hopeful of a stone existing as she was listed as a pauper on her death certificate. The only other thing I have to go on is that his daughter Mary was buried in Methilmill but no stone exists (as you were kind enough to check some time ago).

Ross.

Offline NorrieG

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday 24 April 18 10:39 BST (UK) »
Hi Norrie,

Might be a bit of a long shot, looking for an ancestor of mine, James McDonald. He was born around 1784 and died in Buckhaven in 1842, though lived in East Wemyss for a time. His wife Janet (nee Hamilton) died in Buckhaven in 1873. I'm not too hopeful of a stone existing as she was listed as a pauper on her death certificate. The only other thing I have to go on is that his daughter Mary was buried in Methilmill but no stone exists (as you were kind enough to check some time ago).

Ross.
Hi Ross sorry nothing in my index for above  Norrie
Gordon,Gillies, Taylor,Kinnear, Wemyss Parish

Offline peterspark44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday 23 October 19 10:36 BST (UK) »
could you look up whether there is a headstone for John Spark buried November 1847
Cheers
peter Spark

Offline peterspark44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 29 October 19 22:36 GMT (UK) »
hi there

I live in Australia and wanted to find the ground where my GGG Grandfather was buried in November 1847 t the St Mary's churchyard in East Wemyss. There does not seem to be any records of burials at this churchyard cemetery anywhere.  I doubt he had a headstone.  His name was John SPARK buried &th Nov 1847. Now I know to the west of him was a James HOGG, to the East  John BURTS, North by Kirk Road Southof the Aisle, south by John Baffours Sawmill.  anyone got any ideas where this might roughly be. I cant seem to see a Kirk Road near this cemetery but someone there might know?

Offline kirstyfairfull

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 13:54 GMT (UK) »
I have have a printed copy of Fife Family History Society Monumental Inscriptions printed in 2002 ,I found Hoggs & Burts nothing for Peter Spark . There is an older MI,s pre 1855 I have a copy of the index for St Mary,s  I,ll have look for it .This is an old graveyard and headstones have fallen grass have covered them . First time I visited I found my gr gr gr grandparents but the next time there was just the out line where the headstone  lay . Kirsty
Dundee. Pullar, Gray, Calman,Halket.
Fife, Auchterlonie, Binnie, Briggs,Dempster,Herd,Mann,Kidd, Grubb, Rollo,Henderson,McLaren, Fairfull,Weir. Just to name a few.

Offline peterspark44

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday 30 October 19 23:00 GMT (UK) »
Thank you, much appreciated if you can find it.  Was the Hoggs and Burts graves at St Mary's cemetery? These were mentioned in 1843 as where John Spark was buying the burial ground.

He would have been buried November 1847 - states at Wemyss cemetery but this paperwork we have from 1843 suggests the East Wemyss churchyard; Which I assume is St Mary's.  The main East Wemyss Cemetery was from 1867 onwards so he wont be in there.
Cheers
Peter

Offline Derek1975

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 31 March 20 01:32 BST (UK) »
Hi there my family are gourlay moodie and forbes all from Wemyss villages I am tracing back my family roots and would be interested in hearing from anybody with the same family or any pics of these family headstones 7 many thanks
Derek Gourlay