Author Topic: Henrietta Girling Thorpe Abbotts Norfolk/ Jonas Keeble  (Read 5298 times)

Offline peachy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Henrietta Girling Thorpe Abbotts Norfolk/ Jonas Keeble
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 09 October 13 08:55 BST (UK) »
It makes sense that they were probably the Banns, I didn't think of that, I think Jonah/Jonas must not have pronounced his name very clearly, hence all the different spellings.  I have tried looking on Ancestry for birth records for Miriam Girling to see if her mother was Mary/Maria, but the records for Norfolk and Suffolk do not appear to be available.  Somewhere along the way I came across information that suggested that Henrietta's father was Robert Newson of Peasenhall, but I have no idea where that idea came from.  I did stumble across a document that stated that Robert Newson was the father of an illegitimate child and was responsible for maintenance (whether or not it is even the same Robert Newson I don't know, and it was for a child born later than Henrietta). I know from other family trees that there were a lot of Girlings in Norfolk and Suffolk, but haven't been able to identify which family Mary/Maria comes from, although there is a Mary Girling living in Thorpe Abbotts in a Cenus record that gives her place of birth as Syleham.  As I don't have a clue about how close any of these places are to each other and I am not sure in which direction I should be looking.  Any advice is greatly appreciated.   

Offline inneswills

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 October 16 19:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

Jonas Keeble and Henrietta Girling were my direct grandparents so I have quite a lot of info on them but am also stumped with Henrietta's parents.

Unfortunately for me, my direct desendent was Lewis Keeble who according to my research was not the son of Jonas Keeble (although he took him on as his own son).  Henrietta was a naughty girl whilst Jonas was away in Tasmania and Lewis was the result.

Let me know if I can help - I have info on the voyage and the ship etc which Jonas went on.

Wainhouse (Halifax), Vickerman (Huddersfield), Shepherd, La Velle (Irish), Naylor (huddersfield), Tonge (Norfolk), Keeble, Edwards (Bradford), Sargent (Lincolnshire)

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 13:52 BST (UK) »
Hi, My connection is through James West & Miriam Girling although i too have not yet found her parents names as yet or where they where Baptised.  Have plenty  on the west side.
I am about to go through the Parish Records for North Lopham anyday soon.  I started looking for Bapt Burials & Marr forKebble starting in 1813 but found many more for my family, Gathercole/ Atkins/ Flatman and so on i decided it would be best to start in 1730s and work upwards taking down every name i come across.  Kebble sometimes looks like Hobble sometimes.
I did find Banns for a marriage for Lionel Hays of Brockdish & Elizabeth Kebble 26th Sept 3rd & 10th Oct 1830 in Thorpe Abbotts.
gogogadgetlegs
Lincolnshire,   Andrew/s Jenkinson, 
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
Norfolk,   Worlidge, Flatman, Alden, West, Kett, Gathercole. Starkey
Suffolk,   Wallage, Worledge, Starkey
Nth Battleford, Canada, Worledge, Flatman
Devon, Kingdom, Sparkes Morrish, Rumley, Westcott, Pleace
o
Census Info Crown Copyrig

Offline amondg

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday 25 October 16 20:20 BST (UK) »
Norfolk Family History Society.
Jonah Keeble married Henrietta Girling 19 May 1825. Thorpe Abbotts
Witness' Thomas Finch and James West.

Miriam Girling married James West 6 January 1818 at Thorpe Abbotts
Witness' Mary Girling and Thomas Finch.

Offline LizzieL

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 28 October 16 14:45 BST (UK) »
Thomas Finch witnessed a lot of marriages - likely to be a parish official and may not be related to the parties.
Berks / Oxon: Eltham, Annetts, Wiltshire (surname not county), Hawkins, Pembroke, Partridge
Dorset / Hants: Derham, Stride, Purkiss, Sibley
Yorkshire: Pottage, Carr, Blackburn, Depledge
Sussex: Goodyer, Christopher, Trevatt
Lanark: Scott (soldier went to Jersey CI)
Jersey: Fowler, Huelin, Scott

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday 01 November 16 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Just wanted to ask you how you have got Sarah Aryes as James's 2nd marriage? On his marriage certificate to her, it states bachelor and not Widower?
gogogadgetlegs
Yorkshire,   Andrew/s, Watson, Norris, Simpson, Binnington, Willingham, Theakston, Kingdom, Brown, Fewson, Croforth, Boynton/Bointon, Jenkinson, Crawford/Croforth, Hessey, Harper, Mann, Worledge, Flatman.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
o

Offline gogogadgetlegs

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Thursday 03 November 16 10:51 GMT (UK) »
Just found an entry in the Quarter Sessions, at Norwich Castle for a Henrietta Keeble 16th October 1850 charge of Larceny, given one calendar month sentence in goal.
I do not know if this is your Henrietta though, no ages given.
Phil.
Kent, Kingdom, Cosham,
o

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Thursday 03 November 16 11:34 GMT (UK) »
1851 Census we have;
Henrietta Keeble, 45
James Keeble, 23
Emma Keeble, 20
Walter Keeble, 16
Lewis Keeble, 10
An Mason, 37, Lodger
Frances Keeble, 13, Lodger
James Maron, 10, Lodger

1841 for the Lodgers;
William Mason, 25
Ann Mason, 25
James Mason, 2mths
Frances Cable, 3

Marriage Reg Dec 1839,  Guiltcross,  13 392
Ann KEEBLE to William MASON
Image is on Anc;
Fathers JONAS Keeble and JOSEPH Mason
Witnesses William/Susan Keeble

Also on the 1841 are William/Mary/Susan Keeble (this Susan to young to be the Witness though).

So Jonas may be the Father of Jonas* and Ann his Sister.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)