Author Topic: JOHN MCCARTHY AND MARY QUINN  (Read 25177 times)

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: JOHN MCCARTHY AND MARY QUINN
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 06:54 BST (UK) »
Hi Jm
they may not be on rolls but they were certainly at the Dubbo Wellington district you don't have to look any further for Bakers Buyers Whites or Fauxs as I have all information BDM certificates of all families its really the John Mccarthy who is the problem how did he get here?what ship ?Have met many descendants of Clara and William Faux.Also of John and Mary Mccarthy have travelled many miles in doing that over the 30 years.William Faux is believed to have been in a grave at Murrumbidgerie that got washed away in a flood on the banks of the Macquarie River.Told by a descendant . silky

scotland england wales australia new zealand
Mealmaker  Pennington/Peninton May Harris Jones Henry

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 07:03 BST (UK) »
Hi
Clara and Annie Faux were born in Dubbo Clara on Murrumbidgerie station and no reg for Annie but marriage has born Murrumbidgerie Dubbo .
silky

Offline cristiane

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: Tuesday 15 September 15 11:05 BST (UK) »
I'm back again,
Here is what I have from the NSW pre 1856 films, volumes 1 to 123 we have in our local Family History Centre.
Dad John McCarthy was a carpenter as stated on some of the records (Roman Catholics they were).
****John MCARTY born 5 Oct 1845 baptised 9 November 1845, residence was Darling Downs. (he died 28 Oct 1911 in Qld).
****Clara MCARTY born 21 Jul 1847, baptised 1 Oct 1847, residence was Darling Downs.
****Patrick MCCARTHY born 10 Aug 1849, baptised 21 Aug 1849, residence was Yass.
****George (alias George Daniel) MCCARTY born 9 Jun 1851, baptised 10 Jun 1851, residence was  Kilmore, registered in NSW. One of his sons, Daniel, married my great aunt Rosa Eliza nee CAMPENELLA (she was recorded on her birth certificate as this spelling of her maiden name, alias Theresa Elizabeth CAMPANELLA) and they had only 2 sons.
****Charles MCCARTHY born 23 Mar 1848, baptised 6 Apr 1848, residence was Wollongong.
Any others would be on the other films of which you all need to verify from the NSW BDM Registry office in Sydney.
****Thomas MCCARTHY born Kilmore Victoria registration number 6008, died in Qld 13 Oct 1890 registration number 001077, parents as John and Mary nee Quinn.
****Dad John.....nil birth/baptism found in NSW, Victoria or Qld may not have been registered, as a lot of people were never registered in the early years in all of the states.
Hope this helps some of you, and I never got to meet my great aunt Rosa or her hubby Daniel, he died in 1953, a year after I was born.
bye for now and happy hunting.

hansen of kobenhavn danmark, honnor of london, merrylees etc of scotland, truscott of cornwall, tout of england, lovett of england, barrett of warwick england,  jacobs and hallam of london, beach  and morgan of qld australia, littlejohn, henwood and pearn of cornwall, walker, watherston etc, wilsone and watt of scotland, blaik and bowman of scotland, mccarthy of ireland.

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: Saturday 02 April 16 06:43 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone
it had me stumped with the 2 William Faux's in western area at once but then it came to me Williams son William John born 1856 so 1878 he would be 22yrs so would be other William faux.
silky

Offline Dawncleary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: Monday 20 August 18 05:31 BST (UK) »
I realise this is an old thread, but I've just come across one possibility for Mary Quinn that others might also like to research.  Mary's death certificate said she died in 1860 at the age of 34, that she was born in Dublin and had been in Australia for 30 years. 

An Eleanor Quan was transported from Tipperary in 1836.  With her on board was a 41/2 yr old female child.  I haven't been able yet to establish the child's first name, but so far it's the closest I've come to finding a child near the right age.  It would, however, mean that if this was Mary, she had her first child John at the age of about 13. 

Amusingly, Eleanor is described as having a cast in her right eye - my sister and I both have this problem, but of course this proves nothing. 

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: Monday 20 August 18 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi dawn
you may have something there haven't done much on Mary for quiet awhile .Thanks
silky ;)

Offline Dawncleary

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: Monday 20 August 18 10:05 BST (UK) »
silky, I'll keep searching when I get time, but if you come across anything more I'd be fascinated to hear. John, their first son, is my gt grandfather.

Offline asilky

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: Monday 19 November 18 01:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
thank goodness for DNA proves all my research was right all Faux descendants on my husbands DNA matches and a few Mccarthy's and Quinn.I do advise the descendant of Thomas Mccarthy to do it will prove one way or another and yes Dawn Cleary is on his match..
silky

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: Monday 19 November 18 02:33 GMT (UK) »
Eleanor QUAN arrived per the vessel Thomas Harrison on 9 June 1836 to Sydney.  Her paperwork gives that she was born Tipperary County, a married woman, husband named as Lawrence BALDWIN, and that she was aged 30, Roman Catholic, had one female child,
She had been tried at Tipperary in March 1835, at the Spring Assizes.  Her sentence was for stealing carpenters tools, butter etc.  And the sentence was 7 years.  She had no previous convictions. 
Her child was onboard with her and aged 4 ½ years.  She received her Ticket of leave in 1840 #1810 and her Certificate of Freedom in 1843 #647.   She stood 5 ft and ¼ inch, pale complexion, dark brown hair, hazel and speckled eyes. 
Her husband (Lawrence BALDWIN) had arrived per the Java in 1833.

Likely the daughter's surname would be BALDWIN. 

JM

The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.