Author Topic: Edward Geary / Gary FORD  (Read 2562 times)

Offline somtree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edward Geary / Gary FORD
« on: Monday 14 October 13 17:38 BST (UK) »
I am looking for the spouse of Edward G FORD b. Berkshire 1785 d. Sunninghill 1850. His twins (Edward & Elizabeth) were born 1814 in Sunninghill so the marriage is likely to be 1810 - 1815.
Can anyone help me please?

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Edward Geary / Gary FORD
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 October 13 18:34 BST (UK) »
Too coincidental?  The 1850 death was in the Hungerford RD whereas Sunninghill was in the Windsor RD.  The 1850 death has no middle name

Also - no 1841 entry for Edward in Sunninghill Berkshire

Burial 22.2.1835 Edward Geary Ford aged 75 at Sunninghill St Michael & All Angels

The 1850 Edward Ford was 67 and was buried at Kintbury St Mary 27.4.1850

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline somtree

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 October 13 18:56 BST (UK) »
I have not found a 1841 census entry for him.  I believe him to be alive in 1846 as his daughter’s second marriage lists him as a Miller (not as deceased).
I believe I did find evidence of the 1850 burial but  I need to find that again.
The 1835 burial I have taken to be his father and has the Geary middle name. I do not know his spouse name either.
Do you think I will be able to establish the spouse and mothers names?
Berkshire records have proved difficult for me.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 October 13 19:21 BST (UK) »
There may be some local transcriptions which members may be able to help you with.

Do not rely on te fact that he is not shown as deceased on his daughters marriage cert as a basis for assuming he was alive at that time.  A lot could depend on how the person completing the entry phrased the question re: fathers details.

Many marriage certs show the father as seemingly still alive when they are actually deceased
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)