Author Topic: (*Completed*)Tillicoultry News 1879 - 1900, Alloa Journal 1859-1972  (Read 5369 times)

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
(*Completed*)Tillicoultry News 1879 - 1900, Alloa Journal 1859-1972
« on: Wednesday 16 October 13 19:00 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has access to the above newspapers? I am trying to find a record of the sherriff's court at Clackmannan in 1889. I have tried the National Archives of Scotland at Edinburgh, their catalogue without success. I am aware that many of these records were weeded out. I am trying to discover the identity of William Sharp, who on 23rd March 1889, was named as the father of a William McGregor. All I know so far was that he was from Tillicoultry. I have found 3 likely candidates, but without a description i.e. age etc, it's difficult to proceed.

See also http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=662262.0

Tom

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Tillicoultry News 1879 - 1900, Alloa Journal 1859-1972
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 26 October 13 08:38 BST (UK) »
Hi all

Since adding this thread I have  discovered through the kind efforts of Clackmannanshire Archives at Alloa that there is no report about this hearing in either Tillicoultry News and Alloa newspapers

So this thread is finished with

Tom

Offline The Clackmannan Person

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: (*Completed*)Tillicoultry News 1879 - 1900, Alloa Journal 1859-1972
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 27 November 14 15:00 GMT (UK) »
This is where the Alloa Journal is:
http://www.clacksweb.org.uk/culture/localhistoryandlocalstudies/
Unfortunately it is not on line. It is on microfiche or film with a card index. I am not aware of the Tillicoultry News but there is a rag, Alloa and Hillfoots Advertiser, which is also at the www above which would cover Tillicoultry. Sorry for the bad news. I used to live in Alloa but no more so can't help.

The Clackmannan Person

Offline Tom Piper

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: (*Completed*)Tillicoultry News 1879 - 1900, Alloa Journal 1859-1972
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 27 November 14 15:17 GMT (UK) »
Thanks the Clackmannan Person-it looks like I am going to have a pay a visit to Scotland next year and consult the journal. I understand that there is some good walking to be had in that area so will do some of that as well as consulting the journal.

Tom