Author Topic: Knowle House Frant.  (Read 4667 times)

Offline Sporadic

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Knowle House Frant.
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 08:24 BST (UK) »
I am new to this site and finding it a bit confusing. My message is about Knowle House Frant. I recommend The Girl from Station X by Elisa Seagrave. It is about her mother's life and covers something of the story of Raymond Hamilton-Grace who died in 1918 aged 3.

Offline Phil Goater

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Harry & Floss
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 11:39 BST (UK) »
Thank you Sporadic! That relates to my thread 'Knowle House, Frant' on the Kent message board where I was investigating a friend's family history. I've pointed the moderator in that direction. Does the book mention the young Elsie?

Phil
Goater, Smith, Henning, Scarlett, Lucas, Abraham, Langdale, Parker, Read, Curtis, Arm, Franklin, Bryant, Hart, Earl, White, Welch, Howard, Bateman, Hutchinson, Hunter, Lawes, Rogers, Brixey......

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 11:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Sporadic,

Welcome to RootsChat ;D

I have just attached your reply to Phil's thread.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Sporadic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 18 May 16 17:24 BST (UK) »
Not by name but it certainly gives a picture of the family and household around that time. I was reading the book, googled Frant to find out where it was and your post came up, which lead me to registering with Rootschat. I have been sporadically researching my family history and was interested to discover this site.
Joyce

Offline Codebreakers Daughter

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 26 February 18 15:25 GMT (UK) »
I think Elsie is mentioned in Elisa Segrave's book...I remember stumbling over the Elsie, Elise, Elisa similarity. You probably have found it by now given the time lapse, but I will let you know the page if I find it again. Elisa seems to have a stash of diaries from her mother, Anne. Not all entries are in the Girl from Station X, I feel. She may also have notes from her grandmother, Gladys Hamilton Grace, who would have probably hired Elsie. Have you tried "The Lady?" An eminent source for 'help' back then too, or Debretts - there's a contact in the acknowledgements. Elisa Segrave I'm sure can be contacted through her website or publisher. She is often at the Annual Bletchley Veteran's Day event in September. Good Luck! PS: Bletchley is well worth a visit.