Author Topic: Putz Welsh census  (Read 2461 times)

Offline Wendy260

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Putz Welsh census
« on: Monday 21 October 13 02:46 BST (UK) »
Seek Albert Edgar Putz born 1872, lived Wales, any info on profession would be helpful.   Son killed by German UBoat 1942.  Thank you.  WendyW260

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Putz Welsh census
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 October 13 04:11 BST (UK) »
hi,,i cant see a birth in the indexes for 1872,,,what is he source for this birth year?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wendy260

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 October 13 04:53 BST (UK) »
Hello Gortonboy,
Forgive me I have two of same name.   The Albert Edgar Putz I seek was born 1895 in Mile End, London.  Lived in Suffolk on 1911.  His son Albert Leslie Putz killed 1942 by U Boat.  Albert Edgar died Llanelly 1964.  Seeking occupation of Albert Edgar Putz in Wales.  Known to have lived Burry Port Carmarthenshire if that helps.  Thank you, WendyW260

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 October 13 05:24 BST (UK) »
hot sure how your going to find out that information online,,,,,his marriage certificate would be one way to find an occupation,,,but that would have to be bought by yourself,,,,don't know if there are any directories for Carmarthenshire online ?
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Wendy260

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 October 13 17:12 BST (UK) »
Ok, thanks. 

Offline Morganllan

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 24 October 13 00:29 BST (UK) »
Hello Wendy  :)

I believe that you have the latest available census (i.e. 1911) for Albert so as Gortonboy suggests you would need local directories of a BMD Certificate to find his occupation after 1911. If you search freebmd you will see some Putz records which may be worth following up. Albert's occupation may be on his death certificate, or possibly on one of the other certificates listed in the index? Once you have a date of death you may be able to obtain an obituary, which may include occupation. If you know that one of his children married, his occupation should be on their marriage certificate.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

Kind Regards
Morgan

Offline Wendy260

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 24 October 13 19:38 BST (UK) »
Hello,
we found him in another part of the country...so this one is resolved.  thanks.