Author Topic: Wilsons Lane Louth Photograph  (Read 928 times)

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Wilsons Lane Louth Photograph
« on: Thursday 15 November 12 21:07 GMT (UK) »

There is something I would love to have from Louth - it is a picture of Wilson's Lane (which certainly existed in 1941! because I was born there - no idea which number) - I returned to Louth for the first time (in almost 70 years) on my 70th birthday! but didn't see Wilson's lane but have since seen something that makes me think it may still exist.    I believe it was near Manby airfield and that area of Louth where Wilson's lane is, is called Grimoldsby I understand.

If this is not possible please do not worry.   I am going on hols for two weeks tomorrow.

Sue
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Louth, offer of help
« Reply #1 on: Friday 16 November 12 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue :)

Grimoldsby is actually a village about 3 miles east of Louth, as you say close to Manby.  Here's a map http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?X=537190&Y=388140&A=Y&Z=126

I've looked at the 1911 census and there was no Wilson's "anything" in the Louth district :( nor anybody called Wilson in Grimoldby.

There was a Jepson's Lane in Grimoldby.  :-\
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Dean1

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 9 brig. Royal Fusiliers War Diary (large portion)
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Louth, offer of help
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 May 13 14:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Geoff

Sorry I haven't replied - computer died and I lost access to Rootschat with new one (not entirely sure why but am back now ;D)

Thank you for looking for me.   I have seen a picture recently on an "airfield" site and it said "Wilson's Lane, Grimoldsby, Louth" but I was unable to copy it and I can't remember what the website was called.   It looked a very old rural lane, so obviously not part of the Manby airifield buildings.

Thank you for trying.

Sue
ANDERSON (Kings Lynn, Norfolk) BREWER (Somerset) BALDWIN (Catfield, Norfolk) CRONSHAW(Accrington, Lancs) DEAN (Accrington, Lancs) FOSTER, FORSTER (Astbury, Cheshire AND Canada AND U.S.A.) BRIGHT (London) ROWLAND (Essex and Hampshire) SEWARD (Petersfield, Hampshire) BAILEY/ BROWN (Biddulph, Staffordshire)