Author Topic: margaret macdonald  (Read 7478 times)

Offline edward fraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: margaret macdonald
« Reply #27 on: Friday 01 November 13 09:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
  Are you able to provide parent names please?

Leanne
Sorry Leanne to have taken so long to answer , the parent's of Jane, Sween, Margaret & Donald were Sween Macdonald  & Isabella McIntosh of Clachnaharry Inverness Scotland.....Edward :)

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • John Scott Henderson 1853 Scotland -1919 Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Friday 01 November 13 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edward,
  I was at NSW State records a couple of days ago and didn't have Sween McDonald on my list.  But next time (maybe in a few weeks) I can photograph Sween McDonald's and Margaret Binning's Probate files which may have death notices and extra clues. 

But perhaps you will get a better, earlier offer.   :)

cheers,
   Ros
Let's not tolerate bullying !
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline edward fraser

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Friday 01 November 13 15:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Edward,
  I was at NSW State records a couple of days ago and didn't have Sween McDonald on my list.  But next time (maybe in a few weeks) I can photograph Sween McDonald's and Margaret Binning's Probate files which may have death notices and extra clues. 

But perhaps you will get a better, earlier offer.   :)

cheers,
   Ros
Thank you very much Ros I really appreciate your help your a champion ...Edward :) :)

Offline lilyrose1

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 21 January 14 21:47 GMT (UK) »
This is my first time. So I hope I'm posting it in the correct place.
I have the marriage certificate and probate of Margaret MacDonald she did married Alexander Binning (he was only married once).
Marriage certificate lists her parents as Sween McDonald (carpenter) and Isabella MacKintosh they married on the 6th December 1860 at her sister's Jane Sadlers  Inn  William St Bathurst. The marriage certificate was signed in the presence of Margaret s niece Henrietta Jane Sadler.

Margaret and Alexander Binning had the following children

Margaret Binning 1861 -1867 buried at Rockwood Cemetery
Isabella Binning 1862 -1940 married Sir James Anderson Murdoch
Alexander John Binning 1864-1940 never married buried at Gore Hill Cemetery
Henrietta Jane Binning 1867 -1909 married Ambrose Hand buried at Gore Hill Cemetery
James Stewart Binning 1870 - 1895 died at Signal Cottage Lawson NSW

Probate for Margaret Binning at the time of her death(15.03.1884) she was living at 15 Pearl St Surrey Hills
Trustee of the Will was her daughter Isabella Binning at the time of probate Isabella was living at 403 Riley St Surrey Hills

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 29 January 14 20:14 GMT (UK) »
Hello LilyRose1,
  Welcome to rootschat  :)

Yes you have posted this in the correct place.  :) And wonderful that you can add more info which I am sure Edward will be very pleased to get.    I did photograph the probate records for Edward so we did have a little bit of this.

I'm sure Edward will be along soon.

cheers,
   Ros
Herrington Kent  Henderson Scotland Kerr Scotland Reston Scotland  Smith Scotland  Kellow Cornwall  Doney Cornwall  Wadeson Lancashire  Whiteley Yorkshire Gregan Ireland

Offline BravoAlphaDelta

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Friday 27 July 18 03:39 BST (UK) »
Neil and Sue and Margaret
I am related to Harriet Binning ,daughter of Christina and Alexander Binning of Bowensfels.
Harriet Married Henry Dodds who is the brother of my GGGrandfather.
I do have some photos of Harriet and Henry on their wedding day and other portraits that where taken of them.
Harriet and Henry are both buried at Yass cemetery along with their small babes.
One of their Daughters is Minnie Lee who Married Alfred Lee in Yass.
Alfred is the gguncle to Jack Thompson.
Alfred and Minnie also owned Bank's Diary that he wrote on his voyage to Australia with Captain Cook and Many other Great and Priceless pieces of Australian History.
Alexander Built the Royal Hotel on the Great Western Highway at South Bowensfels in 1830.it was also known as the Donnybrook.
Alexander was a Stonemason from Scotland.

Regards
Barb

Offline rosball

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Sunday 05 August 18 08:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Barb,
  Welcome to rootschat  :)

Hopefully Edward and LilyRose will be along soon - they should have been notified of your post if they haven't changed their e-mail addresses recently.

How wonderful to have so much information about the family and their contribution to Australian history!

You probably have these but just in case you don't, here is an obit to Minnie Lee who died in 1938 http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article249564533 and a death notice http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article17521867 Here is marriage notice for Alfred and Minnie http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article13431074.  And a very informative obit to Alfred LEE which mentions his association with David Mitchell (and the Mitchell Library collection) and the Banks Diary http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article246070828.   Such an interesting man!

Ros

adding : There is a probate record for Minnie Lee https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/item/629451 at NSW archives which I can photograph for you if you don't already have it.