Author Topic: Catharine/Catherine (FLETCHER) DUFF  (Read 8013 times)

Offline argyllshiregirl

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Catharine/Catherine (FLETCHER) DUFF
« Reply #9 on: Friday 18 November 16 17:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi Linda and all,

I decided to get my own DNA testing done and I recently received my autosomal (Family Finder) results back 2 days ago. Still wading through the 2,000+ possible matches I have (2nd cousin - distant) got. I emailed only one match so far because he had a number of surnames (Fletcher, McKinnon, McLean, Campbell) from Argyll and the isles. I looked at his Fletcher names first, as that is my primary name of interest, and found a connection back to those same (I think) Fletchers who were in North Knapdale. He descends from a Mary Fletcher b. 1807, daughter to John Fletcher and Mary McLean. Could she be a sister to your Catherine, Linda??

Anyone wanting to compare DNA with me, check out Kit #559241 on FTDNA or T241819 on GedMatch.

Mary Fletcher Harris
Fletcher of Glen Orchy, Argyll, McGregor of Argyll and Balquhidder, Perth, Mathison, Laidlaw, Forsyth of Dumfriesshire, McMillan, Johnston, Galbraith, Nicholson of Argyll, McPhail, McArthur, McKinnon, McLean, Paterson from Isle of Mull

Offline mccleaka67

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Catharine/Catherine (FLETCHER) DUFF
« Reply #10 on: Monday 10 June 19 04:27 BST (UK) »
Hello! We match on Gedmatch. My last name is McClean and my line moved through northern Ireland and then to Nebraska USA in the mid 1800s. My kit number on Gedmatch is M882505.

Do you know your Maclean ancestors who lived on Mull? My brick wall was a John McClean in Northern Ireland in mid 1700s.

Thanks for posting your gedmatch #.

K