Author Topic: John MILLIGAN of Tweedsmouth 1850  (Read 7587 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: John MILLIGAN of Tweedsmouth 1850
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 26 December 13 16:42 GMT (UK) »

Death March qtr 1913, Sunderland, John Milligan, age 68.
Age a bit out, but matches 1911 census.

Alan.

I saw that one yesterday, Alan,but wasn't sure. It does look correct though, given the age on the 1911 link that I posted. Maybe he decided to make himself older to get some kind of relief  :-\

I haven't looked at Durham Online as I've only got 3 credits - there maybe a burial record. Added - nothing showing 

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline ddd69

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 29 April 16 14:40 BST (UK) »
hi Ammma,  Nice to meet you.  We must be related.  This same John Milligan is also my Great Great Grandfather.  I'm one of his Australian descendants.
I've only recently started to trace my tree, and have come upon the same difficulties mentioned in this thread.  My thanks to everyone that helped add some information clues.

Offline ammma

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 29 April 16 17:18 BST (UK) »
HI DDD69  Working on hubbie's family. mainly in Canada at moment.  Further to Milligan - I have been corresponding with Australian lady who had been looking for him; I found him for her.  There was a foursome - another gal from Ontario, Canada, myself, a man frm Scotland and this Australian gal and you make five.  Welcome.  Please if you should find out anything more about John (like where in Ireland his dad  came from, let me know.  If you wish more information (like his wife and possible 2nd wife, get to me.  Audrey Milligan McCarthy