Author Topic: Does anyone know where these places are?  (Read 10020 times)

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone know where these places are?
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 09:51 GMT (UK) »
?

Ancestry

Christening (Baptism)

28 Jan 1647

St Andrew, Holborn, Camden, London, England

Silvester KEYNE

father: Silvester KEYNE

Mother: Jdeth KEYNE

----

Wiltshire records are on Ancestry, there is a burial at Minety 26 July 1670 of John KEENE, Senior

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 10:19 GMT (UK) »
The Will of John KEENE of Mynty and Inventory (Yeoman) is dated 19 October 1670 -

Just started reading it and he does talk about his wife: JANE, JOAN & JANE daughters: Elizabeth - Son BARNARD + Barnard's daughter Mary, his other Sons, John & Silvester  & Thomas

Very clear Will to read...

---

Jane KEENE's Will 1685 is also available to read on Ancestry.  Talks about her daughter Doritha HIFCOCKS?

The Bishops Transcripts  for Minety 1605 to 1693 (difficult to read and appears to be gaps) - does have a christening: 1676 at Minety of Dorothia HIFCORKS? daughter of George & Dorothia

---

Family Search

Baptism at Minety 27 March 1676

George HISCOCKE - father: George, mother, Dorothie

--

Dorothy HISCOCK : Will & Inventory, 1716, Minety is on Ancestry and beautifully written.
---

Housework beckons  !!  will read later

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 22:38 GMT (UK) »
The Will of John KEENE of Mynty and Inventory (Yeoman) is dated 19 October 1670 -

Just started reading it and he does talk about his wife: JANE, JOAN & JANE daughters: Elizabeth - Son BARNARD + Barnard's daughter Mary, his other Sons, John & Silvester  & Thomas

Very clear Will to read...

---

Jane KEENE's Will 1685 is also available to read on Ancestry.  Talks about her daughter Doritha HIFCOCKS?

The Bishops Transcripts  for Minety 1605 to 1693 (difficult to read and appears to be gaps) - does have a christening: 1676 at Minety of Dorothia HIFCORKS? daughter of George & Dorothia

---

Family Search

Baptism at Minety 27 March 1676

George HISCOCKE - father: George, mother, Dorothie

--

Dorothy HISCOCK : Will & Inventory, 1716, Minety is on Ancestry and beautifully written.
---

Housework beckons  !!  will read later

Hi.

Thanks for that info which looks very useful.

Will follow up tomorrow.

Matt

Offline fanitot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 10:46 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
I have just started researching the Keen family for a friend - I have tried to find the wills of both John 1670 & Jane 1685 on ancestry, but they are not showing up in the PCC wills - are they in a different category?
Many thanks
Jane

Offline Capetown

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 14:17 BST (UK) »

Minety is in Wiltshire and these are on Ancestry under the Heading

Wiltshire England Wills & Probate 1630-1858

Offline fanitot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 15:33 BST (UK) »
Brilliant!  Thank you so much, these were not visible from the main page of wills - now I have found them by going through the main card catalogue.

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 25 April 18 18:56 BST (UK) »
Hi Matt
I have just started researching the Keen family for a friend - I have tried to find the wills of both John 1670 & Jane 1685 on ancestry, but they are not showing up in the PCC wills - are they in a different category?
Many thanks
Jane

Hi Jane

Which members of the Keen family are you interested in?

Matt

Offline fanitot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 26 April 18 07:35 BST (UK) »
My friend is descended from Thomas Keen & Susannah Powell -  I easily got back to Silvester & Sarah Rymer, just wanting to put "flesh on the bones" with documents like wills.

I was going to check something with you - at The National Archives in London, there are 3 disputes in 1652 & 1663 which name Silvester & Thomas of Minety.  Silvester's wife is named as Elizabeth in the 1663 case.  The 1652 case relates to lands in Kingham, Oxfordshire, (which is quite a way from Minety).  Would I be right in thinking this is a different Silvester to the one that married Sarah Rymer?  their marriage licence has him as born about 1651.  Could this be the father of John who died in 1670?

Offline MattD30

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 26 April 18 23:56 BST (UK) »
My friend is descended from Thomas Keen & Susannah Powell -  I easily got back to Silvester & Sarah Rymer, just wanting to put "flesh on the bones" with documents like wills.

I was going to check something with you - at The National Archives in London, there are 3 disputes in 1652 & 1663 which name Silvester & Thomas of Minety.  Silvester's wife is named as Elizabeth in the 1663 case.  The 1652 case relates to lands in Kingham, Oxfordshire, (which is quite a way from Minety).  Would I be right in thinking this is a different Silvester to the one that married Sarah Rymer?  their marriage licence has him as born about 1651.  Could this be the father of John who died in 1670?

Hi Jane

Firstly it looks like your friend and I are cousins lol! Secondly I think I have looked at a couple of those disputes regarding Silvester and Thomas but not recently. I am a bit busy at work this week but give me a week or two to go through my notes and I will get back to you.

I think the Silvester who was married to Elizabeth is a different one to the Silvester who was married to Sarah, but they may be related.

I will go through my notes and get back to you asap.

Matt