Author Topic: Non Catholic Baptisms  (Read 3642 times)

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Non Catholic Baptisms
« on: Saturday 02 November 13 06:50 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone please tell me if non catholic baptisms are available for the period 1828 to 1835? My ancestors were Cornish miners who lived in Tipperary for the births of two children in this time period. Then they returned to Cornwall.

Also where would be the most likely place they would have lived? I thought maybe around Ballingarry.

Hoping to hear from someone.

Cheers,

AMH, Australia

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Non Catholic Baptisms
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 November 13 14:32 GMT (UK) »
It's difficult to be precise about what C of Ireland records have survived as some of the parish records for Tipperary have been lost . You would want to know the exact parish. I did a quick search and it seems the records for Ballingarry/ Killenaule parishes have not survived. You could contact the RCB library in Dublin
http://ireland.anglican.org/about/109 they might have more up to date information.
Forgot to say there are two Ballingarrys in Tipperary - Ballingarry/Uskane is in the north of the county and not the one in the coalmining region.
Regards
annclare

Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline amh155

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 November 13 01:41 GMT (UK) »
Hello Annclare,

Thank you very much for your reply, help and information. I'll do some more digging to try and get more clues about the parish. Might be a good reason to visit Tipperary one day.

Best wishes,

amh

Offline LH

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 09 November 13 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi

It might be worth giving the surname as a lot of old information is still out there - such as the 1834/1835 Religious Census, which only names the head of the family but also lists the number of males/females and their address.

Also, Estate records, Vestry Books, etc. contain useful information and may yield information.

If this family had an unusual surname, it may well bring results.

Cheers