Author Topic: Blodwen Williams Blaenau Ffestiniog?  (Read 3079 times)

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Blodwen Williams Blaenau Ffestiniog?
« on: Sunday 03 November 13 13:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi I'm trying to trace my great uncles second wife called Blodwen. My great uncle, John Roberts, died in 1965 age 77 yrs old. I sent for his death certificate and found that the informant of his death was G Williams Bryn Salem Blaenau Ffestiniog and noted as a nephew.He could only be a nephew through his second marriage to Blodwen. I then found the obituary of his death in the newspaper where it states the mourners as Blodwen Roberts (widow), Mrs M Humphreys ( sister in law) John, Morris, Evan and Reuben Williams ( brothers in law). Seeing as the nephew lived in Blaenau I was wondering if these names ring a bell to anyone in the area? I am fairly sure this was a second marriage for Blodwen also. Would be grateful of any help.

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Blodwen Williams Blaenau Ffestiniog?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 November 13 01:18 GMT (UK) »
I have identified a candidate family at Adwy Goch Festiniog in the 1901 census,reference

RG13  5258  57  34

The parents are Robert and Margaret Williams(nee Evans,I think,married 1891).
At this stage only John and Blodwen of the future mourners are present.I am not allowed to quote the 1911 census,but two more brothers are added,and then FreeBMD has a 1st qtr. 1912 birth,Festiniog district for Reuben,mmn Evans and a third quarter 1913 birth for a Margaret,mmn Evans-possibly the future Mrs M. Humphreys

There are deaths that would match these latter two births also in 1988 and 2004 respectively

Regards
Roger

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 04 November 13 17:09 GMT (UK) »
thanks for your help roger could well be them but i cant find a death record for Blodwen at all

Offline despair

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 04 November 13 17:29 GMT (UK) »
I've just noticed that the Blodwen on the 1901 census is a niece,but they do have a daughter of that name later.I can't find a death either at the moment-perhaps she married again?

Regards
Roger

Offline meirionwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 04 March 14 22:00 GMT (UK) »
Hi
I came across your question quite by chance, I knew Blodwen Williams very well, she was my great aunt.  She did have a connection with the family at Adwy Goch in the census, Robert Williams was her eldest brother and she had been orphaned very young.  Her parents were David and Ellen Williams who resided at Eastern Avenue in Porthmadog in 1891. In previous censuses they lived at Gwynant Street Beddgelert.  Blodwen's first husband was Richard Owen and they lived in Croydon.  When he died Blodwen returned to Borth y gest to live with her sister Mary Humphries.  When she married John Roberts they resided at 7 Dora Street Porthmadog.
Regards
Verna   

Offline ger1

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 26 April 14 12:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Verna only came across your answer to my search today and I apologise for being so late getting back to you. Would love to know more about Blodwen and got some questions to ask which might be better by private message than on this post. Would it be ok for me to message you?

Offline meirionwen

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 26 April 14 19:48 BST (UK) »
Hi ger1
I'm glad you came across my message.  I would be delighted to answer any questions if I possibly can. I  would be quite happy for you to email me.
Verna