Author Topic: Anderson's in Braughing buntingford  (Read 3255 times)

Offline Polin

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Anderson's in Braughing buntingford
« on: Wednesday 06 November 13 12:57 GMT (UK) »
I am researching the Anderson line of my family tree following the discovery of my Great great grandfathers ( David Anderson 1875-1925) grave and a lovely Victorian photo of him with his family.

I have traced his line and have all the usual information from census reports, BMD indexes etc but would like to know if there is anyone else out there who may have any other information or be researching his family or anyone connected to it in the Buntingford/Braughing area.

I recently found his grandmother Charlotte Anderson (Goddard) had a fatal accident being thrown off a cart outside the Lamb and flag pub in Colliers end in 1881 thanks to a great Hertfordshire Mercury article from the time! Too much Gin it would seem!

I love odd detailed bits of information like this that really help to expand the stories and build a picture.

If anyone is interested I am happy to share any information that I have found out too.

Offline foliot

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson's in Braughing buntingford
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 August 14 15:24 BST (UK) »
Hello,
I have my ancestor Robert Andrews/Anderson marrying Margaret Bembridge of Braughing in Standon 1746, then moving to Braughing where he baptised his children as Anderson - including Francis Bembridge Anderson.  I am trying to track his ancestors back but it is proving difficult!  I know he is not the Baldock Robert, but there is a Robert in Standon, marrying Jane Hale in 1723, and a Robert married to Mary nee Humphreys bringing a court case in 1700.  Trying to tie up all these loose ends is proving difficult!  Hope yo have better luck,
Best,
Jan Pick

Offline ginfairy81

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Anderson's in Braughing buntingford
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 19 February 23 13:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I know you are trying to trace backwards as opposed to forwards, but we have some Anderson's from Braughing in our tree. I've got from William Anderson, 1821 forwards. Not sure if they are related or of any use?!