Author Topic: bardon village pre 1989  (Read 4866 times)

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
bardon village pre 1989
« on: Thursday 07 November 13 21:15 GMT (UK) »
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: bardon village pre 1989
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 November 13 22:05 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi Ali
thanks for for letting me see tha short film on bardon quarry whe the old row as coming down it gave in insight into the old school and some of the houses ,my grandfathers dad lived up there before he moved down to Hugglescote  ernest john woolman .i have a 1911 census with him and his family he married a fanyy freer from shepshed i have thire marrige and my grandad thomas henry ernest woolman was born 1912 70 ashurton Road Hugglescote its an old people flats now but thier other house Nu 80 is stsill there which was owned by the quarry then he has since passedawayso cant ask him about his family i do have a book from the spring board center thathis brother robert  George  woolman did called at home and away .i used to go by theold row on the bus before it came down i would love to find out more about his life up there .ernest john was born 1880 turlangton leicster  and died 1943 coalville
his wife fanny freer was born  1887- shepshed -deid 1969
robert was born 1927 -2003 they are buried in Hugglescote cemewith a black and gold head stone its just atthe top of the path he was boardering with the cox family  on the 1911 census  address was 37 the cresent  bardon hill RG14PN1908.RD404 ED1 SN53.i also have his wife family at shepshed on the 1911 census on one census 1901 his wifes father henry freer  now age 50 same details
elizabeth freer now  age 47 born  what looks like  walton on trent/
john h freer  now 18 lab q/ma born shepshed
George  freer now age 16 lab qman born shepshed
Edward freer now age 11 born shepshed
annie freer dau age 9 born shepshed
mary freer  dau age 6
born bardon hill
ernest freer  son age 3  born bardon hill
living at  63 spring cottage bardon hill
RG13/2972/FOLIO 11/PAGE 13
also on that was fanny freer  servant  age 14  born shepshed
living /working at 13 cresent street leicester  dont know hat was there then fanny and ernest married june 5th 1911in the parish church of Hugglescote after banns byme R.P FARROW CURATE
MARRAIGE IN THE PRESENTS OF  HENRY FREER AND MARY  FREER
thanks again for the you tube showing the old row bardon hill neverhave seen the school until this .thanks
ste

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 November 13 00:41 GMT (UK) »
no problem danone glad you enjoyed it hun
Canal Families: James, Green, Wenlock. Fradley, Wood, Higgins, Eaden, Harrison, Jenkinson Hollinshead, Coulton, Caswell, Boswell and Bird.

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 08 November 13 09:58 GMT (UK) »

Offline Danone

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 08 November 13 11:42 GMT (UK) »
 :) :) :)Hi Ali
thanks Hun for the photo of the quarry and the houses ,it must have been very noisey and dirty when he lived up there they  must have to have cleaned their windows more often with all that dust from all those lorrys coming and going i did see the chap doing his garden on the video ,and the post office .if come across any photos of the school send me please .
thanks Hun
ste

Offline AliIsoMar

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 08 November 13 11:43 GMT (UK) »
i will do hun

Offline Bardon_History

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 01 March 17 05:14 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for posting the video of the row houses. In my efforts to track my family's roots in Europe, I was able to identify from the 1911 Census that my grandfather, aged 6 at the time, was living in row house No. 3 with his parents. His father was listed as a crane operator in Bardon quarry. Later that same year, they emigrated to Canada - where I live. While watching the clip, I noticed with much delight that No. 3 row house is shown at around 5:40 minutes -- great to see a view of the entry to my grandfather's original home!