Author Topic: Robert Todd and Mary Asquith  (Read 8840 times)

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Todd and Mary Asquith
« Reply #18 on: Thursday 14 November 13 19:32 GMT (UK) »
Like you Neill I have done thousands of hours research also over the years. I have been researching my family tree for over 30 years now on and off so I know how confusing it can be, and also that you can learn new things each day.
I hope you haven't took offence by my confusion. You seem to be of the opinion that I am wrong in my details what I have given? I only post what details and information that I have. You may be right, I may be wrong or other way around but I like to research all lines myself just to confirm what I have.
I thank you for all your help you have given.
With many thanks, Andrew

Offline Neil Todd

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • "Oportet vivere"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Thursday 14 November 13 19:44 GMT (UK) »
Oh don't mind me, I sound confused at the best of times and just as cranky, never angry. I think Igot confused by your earlier PM?

Hi Neil,
          Cant thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction! Have been looking for the Todds and Asquiths for a few years now with little success.
I think I may have found Mary Asquiths parents. Going off the baptism of her daughter Hannah it states she was from Sedgefield?
There is a Marriage of a William Asquith and Alice Chipchase on August 5th 1758 at Sedgefield which looks like them.
William Asquith on the marriage bonds says born Fishburn. He was apparently born 1735 and was buried on December 21st 1825 at Bishopwearmouth. Have searched the IGI and whatever else I can think off but cannot find his parents.
Would love to know anything you have on William Todd and Jane Rowell - basically anything!
With best wishes and many thanks, Andrew

Neil ???
Grewl,Nickerseens,flombastion,Everheads

Offline 0191alex11

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 14 November 13 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi Niall,
           Don't worry I am confused by it all after today! I am going to have a good look at what you and Janis have sent and see what I can come up with also. I think half the problem is sometimes that there are so many different sources and ideas for the same people that people researching sometimes don't know what to look for in the end?!

Will get back to you tomorrow but thanks so much for all your help so far! Andrew :)