Author Topic: Thomas Patrick Blake,  (Read 11923 times)

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Thomas Patrick Blake,
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 09:52 GMT (UK) »
Aha i think i have made a connection house no 55 Inniscrone town 1911
Sarah Cowley age 72 single
Sarah Lizzie Blake 35 Dressmaker ,niece.
Fanny Kate 27 Dressmaker ,niece. [Fanny pet name for Frances]
They must have been chasing the pension as Sarah is 46 on the 1901 census in 64 Inniscrone with brother Patrick aged 50.
I cross referenced the two girls with the 1901 census and the only match is the family you referenced though the names have different variations it depends on who filled out the census form.
So it looks like Thomas Blake and Bridget Cowley maybe his parents.

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Crown Copywrite on all census material,
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:15 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much ,for helping me out, I have emailed the Royal Lancs regiment this morning ,with the details we have , and hope they have some thing to stick this all together,someone must have missed him especialy as his brother Martin seems to have died before him,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:32 GMT (UK) »
Sarah Elizabeth born 20 Dec 1867 in Strangford co Down, Ros Davies Surnames co Down gives that birth in the Parish of Ballyculter.
I wonder could there be a military connection to Thomas Blake with one of his children being born so far apart from the others.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:34 GMT (UK) »
You may need to check that old as the Thomas born to Thomas BLAKE and Bridget COWLEY was named Thomas William BLAKE

He seems to have been their second Thomas Baptism of Thomas BLAKE in 1870

Or it could be looking at the Civil Records that the baptism has been missed transcribed as in 1872 there is a James William

But this family still looks like a good match as Kilglass is so small and Blake an unusual name in the area
Kearney & Bourke/ Johns & Fox/ Mannion & Finan/ Donohoe & Curley
Byrne [Carthy], Keeffe/ Germaine, Butler/ McDermott, Giblin/ Lally, Dolan
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:40 GMT (UK) »
Thanks again,
The fact he states Kilglass rather than just Ireland ,reassures me we are on the right track here, if he is Catholic Patrick may have been added later, ?
His sister being born in County Down is fascinating, and gives it another twist, there are quite a few wills for Thomas Blake in the archives ,I may have to take another look,
Lookups in Sligo are  a first for me ,and I admit to being lost ,
Gunning County Down,Kneale Isle of Man,Riddle Tynemouth,Bibby Kendal/Bradford,Colenso Penzance/Barrow-in-Furness,Steele Corney Fell,Chapman Ely,Dawes Alfreton,Blamire Westmoreland and Ulverston
Dislike the use of P Messaging system, unless its of a sensitive nature, Rootschat is  an open forum,

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:45 GMT (UK) »
Just thought of this
Commonwealth graves commission show him as the son of Thomas and Bridget BLAKE
Toole, Doran; Dowling, Grogan/ Reilly, Burke; Warren, Kidd [Lawless]/ Smith, Scally; Mangan, Rodgers/ Fahy, Calday; Staunton, Miller
Further generations:
Brophy Coleman Eathorn(e) Fahy Fitzpatrick Geraghty Haverty Keane Keogh Nowlan Rowe Walder

Offline Radcliff

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 10:56 GMT (UK) »
How stupid of me ,
 I will call this completed now, as this is all I need to confirm he was their son ,alongside the census for his mother,the group will be happy,
I have a lot more soldiers to do , yet , this is for a project  a local project ,run by volunteers ,rather than my own research, so thanks again,
Gillian

Offline dathai

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 11:15 GMT (UK) »
last words on this Sarah Elizabeth's birth 1867 Strangford gives the reference 554 Strangford however i cant find this birth on the civil index but i presume 554 is the page number so no volume number.
Fannie Catherine Blake birth reference
Dromore west  Jan March 1878 vol 4 page 236.
 either would give fathers occupation though there is 9 years between them it could have changed.

Offline myluck!

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 13 November 13 11:34 GMT (UK) »
hate to steal dathai's last word!
Ancestry has Thomas P Blake's medal card which shows an additional Regiment No. of 703
Not my area and not sure why but it may be of help

Best of luck with your project
Further generations: