Author Topic: Help please.Possible look up?  (Read 9847 times)

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Help please.Possible look up?
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 12 March 17 18:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi all, it's 2017 and at long last the problem of John William Neate Perry is solved. Have got hold of yet another legal document where he signs a solicitors document to witness signatures but giving his address as Shepton Mallet...matches BDM documents I took a chance on years ago. Also have found a copy of a will where my great grandmother clearly refers to her brother John William Neate Perry. She also refers to her daughter Lilian Clare Perry who I have also researched on Roots Chat. Solved ! Thank you to every one who has helped over the years. Now on to the next bit....where are his off spring ( I know she died childless but did marry ). 😀😀😀😀😀
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline rosie99

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • ALFIE 2009 - 2021 (Rosbercon Sky's the Limit)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 13 March 17 06:53 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for giving us the update, I am really pleased that you have managed to confirm your research

Rosie
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline miggs 191

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Thursday 26 July 18 14:31 BST (UK) »
Hi everyone who kindly helped with my problems ! Just to let you know on the update. Dawnish suggested to keep looking for info and she was so right ! Another document went on line referring to Horacio Nelson Perry. To my knowledge they were both extended family,brothers and cousins. It gave me little else e sceptical it was to do with a will. I took a risk and ordered £70 of documents which took three months to arrive as an e mail attachment !    The plot thickens ! I referred early on to large amounts of money and land inherited and this document refers to the original will and who inherited. My great great great grandfather took himself off to Jersey with his money leaving the estate in the hands of the executors. The first two died so family were appointed. They plundered the assets! They took the collected rents,sold one of the properties and a piece of land ! They told William who had inherited they would give him some money from the goodness of their heart !  The whole affair is called back to The Canterbury Perogative Court where the new executors have to appear in two weeks with all receipts and paperwork ! That’s where it ends....I await the next released paperwork !      Hope this shows that you must keep searching,going back,looking again and,most importantly,thinking “out of the box” to solve our quest .
Maslin,Devizes
Perry, Devizes
Grace,Devizes
Eyles,Upavon
Banks,Lacock
Davies Islington & Aberystwyth
Jones Aberystwyth
Howells Aberystwyth
Bohane , Killaderry Skibbereen ,Cork

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 30 July 18 01:16 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the further update.

Fingers crossed for more information in the future.
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea