Author Topic: Reverse image - Done, thank you. Question about facial feature, please?  (Read 8070 times)

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Matilda Stewart photograph dating
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 16:04 GMT (UK) »
Yes, my first thought was about 1910ish, and the matte and frame are typical of this period as well.

Cheers,
China
Moore/Paterson~Montreal
Moore/Addison~New Brunswick
Jubb/Kerr~Mirfield~Halifax~Moffatt
Williams~Dolwyddelan

King~Bedfordshire~Hull
Jenkins~Somerset
Sellers~Hull

Offline Lisa in California

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse image - Done, thank you. Question about facial feature, please?
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 16:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi RootsChatters:

I asked lclayton if she could post her photo of Mary Matilda Stewart on "my" thread, as we believe her Mary and my Dora (the lady in my photo) were sisters.

If possible, if any of our wonderful RootsChatters could give their opinions of:
the date of lclayton's photo, please (and possibly, how old she looks)
if they think the two women in the photos look alike (or, it's just wishful thinking on my part).

My photo was taken in Toronto, Ontario, we believe c1888.  Dora, the lady in the photo, was born c1861.

Hi japeflakes, thank you for posting your image.  It is very much appreciated.  :)

The Stuarts are my latest brickwall.   ;)  I will check back here later today.  (Just starting work, now.)  Thank you.
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 16:56 GMT (UK) »
I just saw that lclayton posted her photo on a new topic, so we now know an approximate date of the photo.

If anyone could give their opinion of the similarities (could the women be related), that would be wonderful.  Thank you.   :)
Ellison: Co. Wicklow/Canada       Fowley: Sligo/Canada       Furnival: Lancashire/Canada       Ibbotson: Sheffield/Canada       Lee/DeJongh: Lancashire & Cheshire       Mumford: Essex/Canada       Ovens: Ireland/Canada       Sarge: Yorkshire/Canada             Stuart: Sligo/Canada       Sullivan: Co. Clare/Canada      Vaus: Sussex/Surrey      Wakefield: Tuam or Ballinasloe, Ireland              (Surname: Originated/Place Last Lived)  (Canadians lived in Ontario)

Offline sami

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Grannie M
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 17:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa:

Each woman's right eyebrow and right eye seem the same to me. I'd say its either the same woman or a relation. The mouth also seems similar.

sami
England:  Archer, Bailey, Bates, Blower, Bosworth, Court, Hicklin, Orton, Palmer, Robbins, Sedgwick, Smith, Stevenson, Stone, Varnam, Wakelin, Walker
Canada:  Archer, Walker, Spencer, Shepherd
Australia:  Taplin
South Africa:  Risley

Offline Treetotal

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 17:31 GMT (UK) »
I don't think this lady looks to be 63...more 43...just my opinion....My Father appeared to raise one eyebrow higher than the other but no-one else in the Family has it.

I don't see a likeness to this lady:

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=667921.10

Carol
CAPES Hull. KIRK  Leeds, Hull. JONES  Wales,  Lancashire. CARROLL Ireland, Lancashire, U.S.A. BROUGHTON Leicester, Goole, Hull BORRILL  Lincolnshire, Durham, Hull. GROOM  Wishbech, Hull. ANTHONY St. John's Nfld. BUCKNALL Lincolnshire, Hull. BUTT Harbour Grace, Newfoundland. PARSONS  Western Bay, Newfoundland. MONAGHAN  Ireland, U.S.A. PERRY Cheshire, Liverpool.

RESTORERS:PLEASE DO NOT USE MY RESTORES WITHOUT PRIOR PERMISSION - THANK YOU

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 19:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi sami:

Thank you for your thoughts.  There are too many similarities (census returns, etc.) between the women to believe they aren't sisters, but anything is possible, and I continue to try to find proof.

This is the other thread, with more detail about Mary Matilda:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=674860.0

Thank you, sami, for contributing.

Lisa

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Loriann and I believe her greatgrandmother and my greatgrandmother were sisters.  While there are a lot of similarities between the families (census returns, burial places, information from certificates, etc.), because their surname was somewhat common, we do not yet have proof of their connection.

This is the thread that I started, with my ggm's photo:
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=667921.0

My ggm was born c1860 in Lambton Mills; she is buried in St. George's on the Hill.  I have found my ggm and her parents on Ontario census returns, starting in 1861.  They lived in Etobicoke, Ontario in 1861 and 1871.  Mary Matilda is not living with my ancestors in 1861.  Our ggm's parents had the same names.  There are other connections between the families.

If we can eventually prove that our ggm's were sisters, it might further our research.  Thank you for reading this.

PS  Thank you jim, China and Carol for your thoughts.

Offline bowman

• RootsChat Senior
  • Me in the woods 2004
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 19:55 GMT (UK) »
Dose this help in any way?

bowman
BEARD; BAKER; TAYLOR; SMITH: BEER

Offline chinakay

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Our housegoof
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 22 January 14 20:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lisa, was Stewart the maiden name?
Moore/Paterson~Montreal