Author Topic: Eden Gate Farm at Warcup Westmoreland + Scallon  (Read 1715 times)

Offline telephonist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Eden Gate Farm at Warcup Westmoreland + Scallon
« on: Sunday 17 November 13 07:53 GMT (UK) »
I have a relative Stephen Scallon who died 28 September 1922 who I am led to believe owned this farm.
Anyone heard or know of it please?
Hall -Devon, Atkinson-Gateshead Durham.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline everlea

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eden Gate Farm at Warcup Westmoreland + Scallon
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 17 November 13 08:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi - would it be" Eden Gate Farm Warcop" Westmoreland? If so, there's quite a few entries if you Google it.

Regards

Everlea.

RootsChat is the busiest, largest free family history forum site in the country. It is completely free to use. Register now.
Also register instantly with Facebook or Twitter (and other social networks). Start your genealogy search now.

Offline telephonist

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Eden Gate Farm at Warcop Westmoreland + Scallon
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 17 November 13 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Thank you for the correct spelling of Warcop. Any idea where I would inquire as to when my relative owned this farm please?
Hall -Devon, Atkinson-Gateshead Durham.

Offline everlea

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Eden Gate Farm at Warcup Westmoreland + Scallon
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 November 13 11:33 GMT (UK) »
You're welcome - I don't know the area myself, but happened to see the name spelt that way.

I see that Westmoreland was incorporated into Cumbria in 1974, & the records are held at Kendal,

managed by the Cumbria Archive Service. The may be able to help you.

Everlea.