Author Topic: Joseph Howe Jeremy June 9, 1928 Nova Scotia Canada  (Read 10122 times)

Offline Sandy6945

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Howe Jeremy June 9, 1928 Nova Scotia Canada
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 26 April 15 21:37 BST (UK) »
Hello.  I came across your question while researching for information about my grandparents, Albert and Mary Howe, who lived in Nova Scotia.  I am wondering if this is the same Albert Howe, which would mean that you and I are related.  It was interesting and informative reading the responses you have received.  Now I also wonder if those responses are also new leads for me?  I would appreciate any help you might be able to give me and learning if we are related.

Sandy

Offline Courtney Nevin

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 12 May 15 13:08 BST (UK) »
www.novascotiagenealogy.com
Ruby/Rebecca Williams married Michael Paul
marriage
July 27, 1914 Enfield, NS
Michael Paul, 18, b. Cambridge Station, Kings Co., residing Shubenacadie
parents, Joseph Paul and Sarah A.
Rebecca William, 28, b. Shubenacadie, residing Shubenacadie
parents, John W. and Adelaide

death
Dec 15, 1929
Ruby Paul
Shubenacadie, West Hants, Indian Reserve
b. July 5, 1886
racial origin - Micmac
occupation - basket maker
father - John Williams, b. Yarmouth
mother - Adelaide Thomas, b. Dartmouth
informant Simon Basque - no relation
Surnames Jeremy, Paul, Toney, Smith, Pineo, Francis, Glode are all names that can be associated with Indian/Aboriginal origin.  It is entirely possible that Joseph Howe Jeremy was of mixed race and decided to drop the surname Jeremy. It is also possible that he may have married into the Howe family at some point but a lot of the bmd records don't exist so you would have to check for census info.

Ruby Paul's real name named Rebecca. Her parents were John W. Williams and Adelaide Thomas.  Ruby's husband was Michael Paul but went by Moses for most of his life and went by Moses in WWI recruitment records. You can find him in the census records with his parents Joseph Paul and Sarah A. Paul nee Meuse. Ruby died in 1929 and Moses died in 1940. From, what I can tell from the records is they had no children.

Offline 19Mic50Mac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Born in Boston, MA. but now live in Michigan, U.S.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 25 May 17 17:44 BST (UK) »
My name is Victor and I am writing in answer to info I have in reference to Albert Howe's parentage. I'm unsure this info will reach the right person intended for but perhaps it can be passed to them. Albert's parents are Joseph Howe Jeremy( he was known to use his middle name as a surname) and Emma Jane Hammond (sometimes spelled Hammon or Hamon). Albert was 9th of 9 children born to Joseph and Emma Jane. Albert's bapt. can be found in FamilySearch.org., N.S Church Records; Halifax and Hants, Enfield, St. Bernard Baptisms 1890-1910 Im26. I also have more info regarding this family that I'd be happy to pass along. This additional info I'm adding on 5-26-2017. In reference to Albert's father, Joseph Howe Jeremy, He was born in Mar.1850 This info can be found at FamilySearch.org.-N.S. Church Records, Hants, Windsor, St. John the Evangelist, Bapt. and Marr. 1845-1907 Im31. Joseph died Nov.25,1936 in Truro, N.S. as Joseph Howe. (N.S. Historical Vital Statistics)