Author Topic: 1815 Waterloo Medal Roll for 2nd Battalion 35th Regiment of Foot now Sussex Reg  (Read 5880 times)

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
I've a copy of the above roll which just gives the rank, first name and surname as well as his roll number on the list and no other details.
If necessary I can look up any names on the lists for anyone that needs it.
Cockneyrebel
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline fredzey

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: 1815 Waterloo Medal Roll for 2nd Battalion 35th Regiment of Foot now Sussex Reg
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 23 August 14 08:42 BST (UK) »
Hi there I am tracing the history of one of my ancestors who served for many years with the 35th regiment of foot. One of the regiments was present at Waterloo. I want to find out if my ancestor was present with that regiment. If you can help it will save a visit to the national archives for the present. His name is Denis Nicholson. Spelled as Denis or Dennis or Dennie.

Thanks
Denis Gaskell aka Fredzey

Offline Cockneyrebel

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1815 Waterloo Medal Roll for 2nd Battalion 35th Regiment of Foot now Sussex Reg
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 23 August 14 09:06 BST (UK) »
If you pm me I'll send you the 2 lists which amount to about 300 pages and you can look for yourself.
Cr
Rosser, Henderson, Chapman, Clarkson, Harper, Healey, Horth, Page, Bowers, Ritchie, Sheen, Smith and Weymark.

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 23 August 14 09:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Denis

If you have your ancestor's record it will say if he served at Waterloo, as each 'Other Rank' present got a separate 'Waterloo' pension. Later on this was changed to two years added to the pensionable service.

Ken

Offline dismo

• RootsChat Member
  • Thomas Kelsey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 11 November 17 13:58 GMT (UK) »
An ancestor of a friend was I think in the 35th stationed in Barbados in 1879. I am keen to find out more about his career. His name is George Henry Spencer 1858-1930 of Sheffield. He is listed in 1891 and 1901 census as being a Sergeant Instructor in The Volunteer Infantry based in Miloom near Ulverston

Many thanks
Simon O'Corra
Curry, Ireland and Lincolnshire
Batty, Lincolnshire
Isle, Lincolnshire
Dennison, Ireland, Oldham, Lincolnshire
Woodhead, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire
Mell, Yorkshire
Barley, Lincolsnhire
Kelsey, Linconshire
Jeffery, Ireland, Somerset, London, Yorkshire
Wilby, Yorkshire,