Author Topic: Wilson Family from Plean, St Ninians, Stirlingshire  (Read 1980 times)

Offline soapy1

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wilson Family from Plean, St Ninians, Stirlingshire
« on: Sunday 24 November 13 20:55 GMT (UK) »
I've been doing some work on my paternal side and discover that I can trace my tree back to a John Wilson and Janet Laird both of whom seem to come from Plean. I found John's birth in 1794, in Plean. Census records say the family came from Plean or St Ninians. My grt grt grandfather is one of his sons called James, who ended up in Airdrie, married to Mary Love. She seems to have come from the Clackmannan area originally. Funny thing I've noticed from posts here, are Wilsons who seem to have moved to Larbert from Plean area. Funny thing is that my gran called Janet Marshall came from Larbert and I have no idea how my grandfather would have met her. Just wondering if he had family up there. Also wonder if anyone can shed light on these names. I tried to find Janet Laird in Register House a couple of weeks ago without success, but will have another try next time. Just really hoping for some info ...thanks if you can help out    Elspeth
Beresford/Beresfield/Gamble/Beck  in Co Down Ireland & Airdrie, Scotland // Burnett/Burnet in , Middlebie/Annan Areas,//  Wilson, Dornan, McAleese from Airdrie & Ireland

Offline mogs 28

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Wilson Family from Plean, St Ninians, Stirlingshire
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 02 July 15 19:16 BST (UK) »
there were still wilsons in plean and think there still are to find anyone it's the st ninians parish registers.a lot of plean people moved to larbert when they knocked down the rows