Author Topic: James Anthony of Bathgate Family Research  (Read 10459 times)

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: James Anthony of Bathgate Family Research
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 05 December 13 13:45 GMT (UK) »
Bathgate Mortality Records, has an infant death, Jane Coyle Anthony, 15 months, 6 Nov' 1900, daughter of Maggy Anthony, domestic servant.

Skoosh.

Offline mamad

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 05 December 13 19:37 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

James  Anthony, Private, 47505. Queen's Own Oxfordshire Hussars. Died 1/04/1918. Age 33
Son of William and Agnes Anthony (nee Coyle), of 49, Chapel Lane, Bathgate, West Lothian; husband of Zoe Marie Marguerite Vergot Anthony, of Cavron Saint Martin, Pas de Calais, France.

Archibald Anthony, Gunner, 72862, Royal Garrison Artillery. Died 18/09/1918. Age 40
Son of John and Mary Anthony, of The Hall, Bathgate.

William Anthony, Lance Corporal, S/6532, Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders. Died  16/07/1917
Husband of Mary Conley (formerly Anthony), of 5, Easton Rows, Bathgate, West Lothian.

John Anthony, Sgt, 21544, Royal Scots. Died 24/08/1917
Place of Birth: Bathgate

Certificates for the men can be found on    www.cwgc.org

Hope this helps.
Mags

Offline J Michel THERET

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 06 December 13 08:51 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much for your help(assistant) and this new information
JM THERET

Offline Lori Brady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 08 January 14 19:21 GMT (UK) »
Good Afternoon,

If you are still looking for James Anthony's family background in Bathgate, Scotland. Agnes nee- Coyle Anthony born 1855,02 April, Bathgate (Bathark,Linlithgow ), West Lothian, Scotland. She is my Great-Grand Aunt. Her Brother William Coyle born 1865 (died 1907) is my Great-Grandfather.
Agnes had sister's Elizabeth born 1857 – 1887, Jane born 1852 – 1908 and another brother James born 1862 –( died 1932).

James and William both married sister's from the same Robertson family. James married Margaret Robertson born 1869 & died (16 Mar 1948- at 51 Mansefield Street, Bathgate, West Lothian). William married Helen Robertson( My Great-Grandmother) born16 March 1874 in Linlithgowshire, West Lothian, Scotland & died  31 Jan 1951 in 1 Waverley Street, Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland.

Agnes (Coyle) Anthony's parents were Margaret Farr- Birth abt 1822 in Ireland & Death 02 Sept 1905 in  Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland and William Coyle ( Birth abt 1827 in Ireland & Death abt. Oct. 1871( Still TBC).

William Coyle born abt 1827's parents were Alexander Coyle born abt. 1795 Ireland & Margaret McLaughlin born abt. 1795 Ireland also.
I have found Coyle spelt in some places as Coil, Ovil or Caul.

Margaret Farr's parents were Agnes Moffatt born abt. 1795 Ireland and James Farr born abt. 1795 Ireland also.

There is another Agnes Coyle in our family. My Grandmother Agnes Coyle was born April 1907, one month after her Father William Coyle (b.1865-March 1865) died.  My Gran too, was also born in Bathgate, West Lothian, Scotland.

I hope this is of some help to your friend. Does your friend have any information to add on to James Anthony's siblings?

Regards,
Lorianne from
Canada

Offline J Michel THERET

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 09 January 14 08:09 GMT (UK) »
Hello,
I received your family information ANTHONY Bathgate and I thank you because they are very interesting.
I will be absent, but upon my return I will study it and give you away.
Thank you again.
Sincerely.
Jean Michel THERET

Offline Sandy162

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Thursday 27 October 16 22:45 BST (UK) »
Hi

Time has passed since you requested information about James Anthony of Bathgate. James is my wife's Great Uncle. Her mother has just celebrated her 99th birthday and remembers Irene from her visits to Bathgate in the 1920/30's. Many attempts have been made since WWII to find out what happened to the family. We will be grateful for any information you can provide.

Sandy Deuchars

Offline Punkboy79

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday 06 March 18 00:19 GMT (UK) »
Hello J Michel Theret, my Grandmother Jenny Anthony was the daughter of John Anthony one of the Anthony brothers who died at the Somme in 1917. We visited his grave at Tincourt boucaly in 1996. She told me about the brother who  married a French girl in Calais. The brothers photos recently appeared on a local history handout featuring patriotic families of WW1.