Author Topic: Pritchard family in shropshire  (Read 11286 times)

Offline worzelle

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Pritchard family in shropshire
« on: Wednesday 04 December 13 21:38 GMT (UK) »
hi everyone, i am a new member researching prichard family in shropshire, specifically ketley & wellington.  i've got back to late 1700s with my grandads being John 1890, Joseph, Richard, Thomas, John 1775. anyone else researching the same tree?

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Pritchard family in shropshire
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 12:19 BST (UK) »
I too are searching Pritchard.  I don't have much to go on, but I do have a Thomas Pritchard and children Rowland Robert (1887) and John Thomas.  My ancestors come from the Donnington Wood area.  I know it is not much to go on, but I thought you might pick up on the names.

Offline dizzybella

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 13 May 14 14:15 BST (UK) »
I have a John Pritchard b1876..married Ada mulhall 1896 Manchester..it,s said this lad walked from Shropshire to M/cr to find work -pipe fitter/engineer

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 23 June 14 09:44 BST (UK) »
My gggg-grandfather married a pritchard and so did my Uncle. I haven't looked into it yet, but have wondered if they are distant relations ;D
Shropshire: Bailey, Cadman, Chilton, Garbett, Pritchards
Yorkshire: Chilton, Cogan, Cooper, Farrar, Hammond, Nickless/Nicholls, Silkstone
Ireland: Brannan, Cogan, O'Connor

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 10 July 14 08:15 BST (UK) »
An update - the Pritchard in question is Ann Pritchards born most likely 1780's

Got back to mid 1800's with my aunt's Pritchard line (to Henry Pritchard in Staffs), and found a couple of ancestry public trees connecting the two Pritchards, I just need to see if I can prove the evidence myself :)
Yorkshire: Chilton, Cogan, Cooper, Farrar, Hammond, Nickless/Nicholls, Silkstone

Offline andrew davies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 31 August 14 16:19 BST (UK) »
I have taken the Pritchard's back to 1638 :) but an struggling to find Enoch born 1831 in father Thomas mother sarah got the family in 1851 and Enoch is still alive but I cant find any trace after that either in uk or abroad and definitely no marriage or death  :'(

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 18:24 BST (UK) »
So if after 1851 he's not in that household. Maybe he married, and possibly had a child

Jane Pritchard bapt at Wellington, Christ Church on 16 Dec 1855 parents Enock & Mary Pritchard of Watling Street

Offline panic

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 02 September 14 19:35 BST (UK) »
Or do you mean you can't find his baptism?

Enoch son of Thomas & Sarah Pritchard
Baptism 28 Dec 1831 at Wellington, All Saints
Abode Ketley, Father's Occupation Miner

Offline Garen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 05 October 14 01:22 BST (UK) »
I too have Pritchards from Wellington. Henry Joseph Pritchard was b. 1816, Bank, Wellington - I have his descendants and his wife's family (Gill, Spittle), but have been fighting to get further back.

Henry's father was John Pritchard and I believe his mother was Adelaide Aston (marr Wellington 1814), appearing in various records - I think - as Adey, Addey, possibly Edy and on one record, seemingly, Hadegum (?). They seem to have resided at Coal Pit Bank.

John Pritchard, if I've got the right one, was b. 1791'ish in Wrockwardine. He appears in census returns married to a Sarah (b.1794) - and I'm actually starting to wonder if this is Adey rather than a second marriage. Though why she'd become Sarah, I don't know - I could be totally wrong!

Children of John and Adey Pritchard  include: Salome (1815), Henry Joseph (1816), Susannah (1819), John (1822 - marr Emma Clayton?), Prudence (1823-1825).

Other Coal Pit Bank Pritchards include: Ann (1819-1821), Edward (d.1824), Eliza (1822-1828) Maria, Rebecca, Steven; also Edey (1803-1827), Harriet (1826, dau. of Ann Pritchard).

Adey/Edy - if the same person - may be the daughter of Stephen and Rose Aston, b.1794 (they also had a Salome, b.1785).

Any of these names tie in with anyone else's info?

Thank you, best - Garen
Second Anglo-Afghan War 1878-80 - http://www.angloafghanwar.info
Family research - http://www.garenewing.co.uk/family/