Author Topic: Pritchard family in shropshire  (Read 11366 times)

Offline Allen Pritchard

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
Re: Pritchard family in shropshire
« Reply #27 on: Friday 11 August 17 07:43 BST (UK) »
Any help to anyone researching Pritchard family? A family member, John Pritchard was b.1823-24 Wellington. Family moved to Pig Street, Kingswinford. He is the earliest member of our family we know of.

Offline Baudoux

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Saturday 25 November 17 18:22 GMT (UK) »
I am still trying to find out information on Rowland Robert Pritchard (1887).  He died in 1953.  His spouse was Elizabeth Harris (1892).  Elizabeth is a cousin of Mine.  The connection is through my
Humpherson Line.  Rowland and Elizabeth were married April 2, 1918 in St. Matthew's Church
in Donnington Wood/  Rowland and Elizabeth had one daughter, Marjorie (1920.  Marjorie was
married to John "Jack" Bamford.

I have no idea who Rowland's parents are.  Maybe someone can provide me with further
information.

Regards,

Doris B.

Offline bitzar

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good things come to those who wait...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 06 December 17 20:43 GMT (UK) »
Doris

It looks like Rowland Robert PRITCHARD's birth was registered Q4 1887 at Shifnal, Salop, mmn HAYWARD.  On the 1891 he appears with older siblings and parents Thomas bc1840 and Louisa bc1844.

bitzar.
ROBERTS / ROBERT / ROBERTSON (Paternal) - Dunbartonshire/Stirlingshire, Scotland
NEWEY - Leicestershire, England
FITZGERALD - Co. Cork - Ireland
HOWLETT - Suffolk, England
PHILMORE - Wiltshire, England
CHAPMAN - Cornwall - England
NICHOLLS - Cornwall - England
SHAW - Nottinghamshire, England
PRITCHARD - Salop, England
ROBERTS (Maternal) - Surrey, England

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday 10 March 20 19:32 GMT (UK) »
hi
found your posts very interesting
i have a george pritchard born 1814 in chirk he had two brothers thomas b and died 1806 chirk and thomas born 1808 and married rebecca philpps. they had moved to in willenhall staffs in the 1851 census.with children thomas.john.sophia.mary and james.
the parents of thomas and george were thomas and ann jones. and the only marriage that fits is one in oswestry in 1804. i have tried and failed to find them. i assume they were born 1780 to 1788. any insights welcome. thank you.brian

Offline pritchardgeo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday 20 October 21 16:59 BST (UK) »
dont know if this helps anyone. but i have a George Pritchard b 1814 just over the border from Shropshire in Chirk.Denbighshire. he had two brothers Thomas b 1805 d 1806 and Thomas 1807 both Of Chirk. Parents given as Thomas Pritchard and Ann. I can find a marriage for them in Oswestry in 1804. and think he may have been b 1782 in Oswestry. i have a Ged number y-dna and a tree on Ancestry.