Author Topic: Robert Paramor Lee (1806-1890) line Sandwich, Kent  (Read 2008 times)

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Robert Paramor Lee (1806-1890) line Sandwich, Kent
« on: Monday 09 December 13 00:40 GMT (UK) »
If AJ100 can find me here that would be excellent!  :)

I've found another child of Robert Paramor Lee & Mary Durban, he was the first Robert Paramor Lee jnr to be born and i cannot find his death... another was born in 1840
Name:    Robert Paramor Lee
Christening Date:    15 Jun 1827
Christening Place:    St. Clement's, Sandwich, Kent, England
Birth Date:    
Birthplace:    
Death Date:    
Name Note:    
Race:    
Father's Name:    Robert Paramor
Father's Birthplace:    
Father's Age:    
Mother's Name:    Mary
Mother's Birthplace:    
Mother's Age:    
Indexing Project (Batch) Number:    I01407-7
System Origin:    England-EASy
GS Film number:    1850184
Reference ID:    item 9 p 58

then...

Name:    Robert Paramor Lee
Christening Date:    
Christening Place:    
Birth Date:    17 Apr 1840
Birthplace:    St. Peter's, Sandwich, Kent, England
Death Date:    
Name Note:    
Race:    
Father's Name:    Robert Paramor Lee
Father's Birthplace:    
Father's Age:    
Mother's Name:    Mary Lee
Mother's Birthplace:    
Mother's Age:    
Indexing Project (Batch) Number:    I00467-6
System Origin:    England-EASy
GS Film number:    1835668
Reference ID:    item 3 No. 957

Robert Paramor Lee Snr and Mary Durban were married in St Peter's 10 Jan 1827, but I have not been able to find out which of the two church's the family seemed to use was Robert Christened in on 29 Nov 1806 Sandwich, Kent, England. his father William Lee & mother, Ann Barton married in St Clement's .... there seems to be a history of going between the two church's?? ::)

Cheers
Jen

Offline redtonyt

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Robert Paramor Lee (1806-1890) line Sandwich, Kent
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 December 13 20:41 GMT (UK) »
Happy Christmas Jen :) and apologies for not being AJ100 :'(.

However, I thought I might post my ha’pe’th. ???

William Lee in fact married Ann Barton at Worth (alias Word) on 19 May 1799 by Licence.  Dependent on what you already know, it might be worth getting hold of the Licence Allegation & Bond, as held, at Canterbury Cathedral Archives.

The only five children, that I have found, born in Sandwich, were all baptised at St Clement complete with dates of birth; Robert Paramor Lee on 1 November.

Of his and Mary’s children the first five were baptised at St Clement, with RPL’s occupation varying from Gent to Attorney’s Clerk.  His abode was only recorded (other than otp) on the last baptism of Charles Thomas as High Street.  The final four children, all baptised at St Peter, with abode Gaol Street, latterly Jail Street.  Father’s occupation went from Attorney’s Clerk to Solicitor, via Gent.

The marriage of Robert Paramor Lee to Mary Durban at St Peter was again by Licence; both parties were minors and the witnesses were Thomas Barton and Mary Cureton.

Hope this may be of some use. ???

For information I have no relationship to the Lees, but I have quite a lot of information on Sandwich from transcription proof reading and researching the Temple Family, from the early 1800 onwards. ::)

Merry Xmas,
Tony :) :) :)

Offline jenz58

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 December 13 00:06 GMT (UK) »
Hey tony, thank you for your reply! AJ had replied to me on another thread, their area of research was not in Sandwich.

Your information is helpful as I could not find the church where Robert Paramor Lee was Christened, only the district and date on 'Family Search', 29 November 1806, so 1 November is the brith date?

I could only find the 5 children for William and Ann also.

So the W in the text here is saying they were married in Worth and not St Clement's Church, just the parish?
Text:    Wm Lee of St Clem Sandwich attorney-at-law bach & Ann Barton of Worth sp, at W. 16 May 1799.
Book:    Volume 33
Collection:    Kent, Surrey, London: - Canterbury Marriage Licences, 1781-1809 (Marriage)

How do I do this from Australia? '...it might be worth getting hold of the Licence Allegation & Bond, as held, at Canterbury Cathedral Archives.'

Thanks so much for your help! :)

Cheers
Jen

Offline AJ100

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 January 14 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello again Jen,

I have recently acquired copies of the parish records for Sandwich and various other parishes. The bulk of the Lee family seemed to attend Sr Peter's church with a few going to St Clement's. This is the period from 1790 to 1830.
I have a list of Lee baptisms for that period but don't know if they are any use to you. Parents are William & Elizabeth, George & mary Ann, Richard & Mary Ann, Robert & Mary and at St Clement's William & Ann.

Let me know specifically who you're looking for and I'll do my best

Regards
AJ

Offline Godward

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 07 October 15 05:01 BST (UK) »
Jen

Barton and Lee appear in my tree as well, through the Rutleys and Burvilles of Worth and Dover, Kent. Would you be interested in what I have?

Mary