Author Topic: rochfords  (Read 7654 times)

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
rochfords
« on: Tuesday 10 December 13 23:18 GMT (UK) »
iam trying to find some info on my partners ancestors but we don't seam to be getting very far
all we have is

micheal rochford limerick ireland marries mary obrien limerick ireland

there children that we know of are

christopher rochford

margaret rochford 2/12/1857

martin rochford 13/11/1863 maaried margret lynch there children are
and all born in ireland limerick we think

ellen rochford
Margaret rochford
christopher rochford
patrick rochford
mary rochford 1899-1931
annie rochford 9/1/1908
and another male rochford unknown there could have been more but we don't know

Margaret rochford married a mr culley first name not known and had a daughter called irene culley

annie rochford fell pregnant in the war with her daughter she said the father of the child was one charles harold sloan or sloane he said he was from l.a. belair???? usa he was younger than annie and was in the air forces based at hichin herts we have tried getting info but sadly the base burnt down after the war with records in so have never been able to trace him as yet  help please ????

annie and charles daughter was delores rochford who sadly died suddenly this  year this is my partners mother and we would like to find the info out in respect for her as she tried so hard to before her untimely death this year she was born 1945 she was married to roy isle who as born 1944

any info we would be most grateful as we can't get any further than what we have her other relatives have gone to ireland to try and find info and this is all they could find i hope that someone can help us piece this together we would be most grateful thank you

SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: rochfords
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 20:16 GMT (UK) »
many thanks for that i will check it out thank you very much  ;D

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 11 December 13 23:23 GMT (UK) »
The 1901 and 1911 Irish census are online (free) but I can't match up any entries with the details you've posted-
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/search/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 13 December 13 22:09 GMT (UK) »
iam trying to find some info on my partners ancestors but we don't seam to be getting very far
all we have is

christopher rochford

martin rochford 13/11/1863 maaried margret lynch there children are
and all born in ireland limerick we think

ellen rochford
Margaret rochford
christopher rochford
patrick rochford
mary rochford 1899-1931
annie rochford 9/1/1908
and another male rochford unknown there could have been more but we don't know

The Martin Rochford family is showing in the 1901 and 1911 Census Limerick City under the surname Ratchford
Links  http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai001002604/ Gormons' Lane
1911 Census in New Street
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Limerick/Limerick_No__4_Urban/New_Street__Pt__of_/631347/
It also shows Martin and wife Margaret born in Co. clare and this would seem to match the records for children of a Michael Rochford and Mary O Brien in the Irish Births and Baptisms database at Family search.org
Link http://tinyurl.com/q6pqsu7
Regards
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 13 December 13 22:19 GMT (UK) »
oh wow thank you my partner is so so pleased do you know who martin and marys parents where? by any chance ??? so were looking for Ratchford?? instead of rochfords interesting i wonder why the name changed?

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 14 December 13 10:04 GMT (UK) »
Notice that in both 1901 and 1911 the head of household was not able to write and the census was filled in for him. It's not at all uncommon to find variations in surnames so you need to keep this in mind when searching for records of the family.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline annclare

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 14 December 13 12:07 GMT (UK) »
oh wow thank you my partner is so so pleased do you know who martin and marys parents where? by any chance ??? so were looking for Ratchford?? instead of rochfords interesting i wonder why the name changed?
As Aghadowey points out you should look for any variant of Rochford. Re parents for Martin and Margaret- though on the 1911 Census it says they were married about 1902 and both are from Co cCare - there is a marriage for a Martin Rochford in Kilrush Reg District (Co Clare)  1899 quarter Jan Mar Vol 4 page 216 and on the same page in the register there is a Margaret Lynch. It's a possibility that they got married in Clare. Getting the marriage cert would give both parties' father's names. I suspect that Martin belongs to the family of Michael Rochford and Mary O'Brien that are showing on Family search - some of those births/ baptisms are in the Kilrush area.    You may be able to confirm his father's name from marriage cert.
annclare
Kerrisk, Healy, McGuire, Duggan - Kerry and US
Tuohy/Toohey,Gorman, Purcell, Fanning- Holycross Tipperary

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 14 December 13 19:39 GMT (UK) »
wow yes understand @aghadowey he was a groom and died by being kicked in the head ????? by a horse that what his daughter told her daughter??????