Author Topic: moodie or moody are they connected to robert the bruce??  (Read 3993 times)

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
moodie or moody are they connected to robert the bruce??
« on: Wednesday 11 December 13 16:39 GMT (UK) »
hi can any one help moodie or moody are they connected to robert the bruce??
as i have moo dies in my tree that are from scotland and some one told me they where connected to one robert the bruce and two the muleteers can anyone shed some light on this and are my family connected the last i can go back is robert moodie 1740-1795 died in walls scotland his father was called robert moodie to and his mother hariert can anyone help solve this thank you
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA

Offline Skoosh

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: moodie or moody are they connected to robert the bruce??
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 12 December 13 15:25 GMT (UK) »
There are certainly Bruce lairds in the Northern Isles who came off the same stock. Maybe one married a Moodie?
You're best bet is to contact the "Bayanne" website in Shetland & the "Cursiter" site in Orkney for info'.

Skoosh.

Offline hannahlee

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: moodie or moody are they connected to robert the bruce??
« Reply #2 on: Friday 13 December 13 12:44 GMT (UK) »
will do thank you thats great cheers ;D
SCOBEL,SCOBELL,SCOBALL MILLER,AUSTIN, WARD,

JARVIS, HEADIN, WILSON, COCKBURN, THURLEY

MOODIE, MOODY, WARDLAW, DRYELLY, WILSON, BROUN, DRYELIE, HUNTER, DONALD, CORKRAN, STEPHENSON, WILKLE, WALKER, MASON,  MARTIN, SCOT

LUSTY, PIKE, PAYNE, THORNTON, KILBOURN, TOWN, BROWNHEAD, FULLER, INCH, DALBY, KENNARD, KITCHENER, RAE, LAWS, PENNY, WADDELL, SIMPSON, PERCRIAUX, ARMITAGE, BRICKLAND

BENNETT, MASON, ROBERTS, STEPHSON, MITCHELL,OWEN, HARROP, NORTON, HODGSON, HARRINGTON, ALLEN, FAIRBURN,HIRST, ROMA