Author Topic: Tipperary War Dead Lookups  (Read 4444 times)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Irish Nutter on the Hunt for Rellies :-)
    • View Profile
Tipperary War Dead Lookups
« on: Sunday 15 December 13 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi!!

I've a copy of "The Tipperary War Dead - A History of the Casualties of the First World War", and I love it..my great uncle is mentioned in it. I'm willing to do look-ups from the book, if you have Tipperary men who died in WW1 and who you think may be mentioned in the book.

Annie  :)
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Tighe in Victoria, Australia.

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
  • For all the help I have received ..
    • View Profile
Re: Tipperary War Dead Lookups
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 December 13 23:04 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Annie
That's kind of you to offer to look up names ....Could you possible take a look and see if a Patrick, Michael or Thomas Fogarty born Thurles, Co Tipperary are mentioned....Thank You :)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 December 13 00:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Artisann..There's no Fogartys in the book from the Thurles area, also no Michael Fogarty named there either..however, there are a Patrick and Thomas from Templemore..any relation?
The surnames, which I am interested in are; Maternal side: Ryan, Kevin, Grant, Grady, Gleeson, Walsh, Dwyer, Paternal side: O' Dwyer, Woodlock, Rochford & Britton - all in Tipperary; and Kelly and Hoynes in Laois.

Ryan, Campbell, Luttrell, Grant, Grahame, Bainbridge and Brown in Queensland, Australia

Grant in Philadelphia, Sullivan and Penny in New York; and Britton in Connecticut

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 December 13 00:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
Many thanks for looking for the Fogarty's ...am really not sure if the others that you mentioned have any connection as Fogarty is a popular name around Tipperary its difficult lol....Thanks again Annie  :)

Offline anniedwyer84

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 December 13 01:10 GMT (UK) »
Hello..In Thurles, there was a recent war memorial put up for those who died in WW1 and were from the Thurles area..I took pictures, but don't have them uploaded yet..I'll have a look and see if there were any of the Fogarty boys you mentioned, or any Fogarty from the area and will let you know tomorrow evening, if that's ok?

Annie

I tried to PM you that message, but your inbox is full  :)

Offline artisann

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 16 December 13 12:27 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie....Got your PM and have replied...Thank you so much for doing a look up on the Fogartys  ... really appreciate you doing it... :)

Offline cathaldus

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 30 January 14 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Annie,
Came across your posting today!  My Uncle Patrick Mason,  5926,  Royal Irish Regt.  KIA at Bazentine le Petite, 14th. July, 1916.  Wonder if he is in your book.  I know in the National Roll his place of birth is shown as Clogher, when in fact he was born in 1891,  in Clogheen.

Bill

Offline Benand

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 30 January 14 19:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi Annie
I have some family surnames from around the Thurles area if you wouldn't mind checking them for me..... Leahy, Culla/Cullagh, Dunne, Going, Mc Cormack/Cormack. Many thanks