Author Topic: Hendren/for ajjbc.  (Read 985 times)

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Hendren/for ajjbc.
« on: Sunday 19 June 05 07:43 BST (UK) »
Erected by William Hendren in memory of his wife  ary ?[ Mary]
died 13/7/1870 age ?
also the above William died 15/3/1872 age 82 years

the above grave was in old Ballinderry and in very poor condition so difficult to read
next door was a more modern one just read

Mabel Hendron
died 22/July 1986

there was another grave looked much older but just said this is the burial ground of the Hendron family no names or dates

audrey

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Hendren/for ajjbc.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 19 June 05 09:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Audrey
Those old family graves with just a name and no dates I believe are usually empty.
The graves were bought, often soon after marriage and starting a family, ready for when they were needed and then the families emigrated. I think the plots were bought early so people got a "favourite spot" possibly next to brother and sisters family graves.

Families still do the same thing today in Ireland country cemeteries where there is plenty of space. In towns this would not be an option as space is so limited.

Saz
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Hendren/for ajjbc.
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 25 June 05 16:22 BST (UK) »
Audrey...thank you for the 3 Hendren graves from Ballindaerry, (William,Mary and Mable).
Don't know how I missed the posting.
Many thanks,at least I know this couple was born c1790.
Every bit helps!
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger