Author Topic: Seatown Cemetery, Dundalk – Monumental Inscriptions for Woods  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Woodsd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Seatown Cemetery, Dundalk – Monumental Inscriptions for Woods
« on: Friday 20 December 13 11:38 GMT (UK) »
I was wondering whether anyone has access to Monumental Inscriptions from Seatown Cemetery in Dundalk.  I have read that these have been published:

-   Record of Inscriptions on Headstones and Slabs in Seatown Cemetery, published in Tempest’s Annual 1967 (recorded by members of the Old Dundalk Society and catalogued by Patrick F Power); and

-   Additional Gravestone Inscriptions from Seatown Graveyard, published in Tempest’s Annual 1972.

I am wanting to find the details of headstones for any Woods family.  In particular, I believe that James Woods (son of William Woods and husband of Sarah Hill) who died in Dundalk on 3 July 1872 was buried in Seatown Cemetery.

Please could anyone let me know should they have access to the Monumental Inscriptions or be able to tell me where to review them.

Many thanks.

David

Offline Woodsd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Seatown Cemetery, Dundalk – Monumental Inscriptions for Woods
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 June 16 16:09 BST (UK) »
I am just closing off this topic.  I searched the Tempest's Annuals during a trip to Dundalk, and paid a visit to what remains of Seatown Cemetery.  I drew a blank.

So topic closed!

David