Author Topic: Davies LLangadfan Indiana  (Read 9360 times)

Offline gina jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Davies LLangadfan Indiana
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 23 March 14 10:13 GMT (UK) »
 Hello,Llangadfan,  Indiana, I have researched the Davies family for many years. I have just had some info sent to me from the workhouse project Ref Rees Davies and his going to U S A. Lot of info concerning the family who left Wales. My Third G grandmother Jane Jones nee Davies married and stayed in the area .She was the daughter of Rees and his first wife Susannah Jones ( Pant Glass) Her Sister Margaret married at Llangadfan to John Lewis they also left Wales for U S A.I have the church records here for Llangadfan, Garthbeibio so just ask if you would like me to have a look at anything. Every best wish G

Offline gina jacobs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Sunday 23 March 14 11:29 GMT (UK) »
 Ref Birth date and place of of Rees Davis. Recorded as David ) Rees born on the 23 June 1776 at Blaen  Cowney, Llangadfan. His Parents were Rees Davies ( David ) and Mary The marriage of this couple took place on May 30 1768 at Llangadfan. Rees is recorded as a Widower of  Blaen Cowney and Mary Jones (Dyfnant ) as a spinster. The first wife of Rees Catherine Richards had died 3 years into the marriage which took place on April 15 1763.   Rees Davies  Srn born at Llanwddyn ( close to Llangadfan )  Buried there on 19-1-1812 age 80 years. I hope this is of interest Georgina

Offline gingerrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 16 February 15 01:00 GMT (UK) »
We are traveling to Wales in June.  We are connected to this family through Margaret Davies, b. 1784, Blaencowney, Wales.  She is my GGGgrandmother. I'm having trouble finding Blaencowney on any maps.  Could you tell me where it is or was.  We're travel from the US and I would like to find this location to see if we would be near there.  Thank you for any help you might have.  Cheryl

Offline cennydd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 16 February 15 13:01 GMT (UK) »
see personal message

Offline gingerrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 16 February 15 20:48 GMT (UK) »
Thank you.  I think we can locate it now.