Author Topic: 652 AOP Squaron RAF & RA  (Read 1145 times)

Offline Bobsy

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
652 AOP Squaron RAF & RA
« on: Tuesday 31 December 13 17:04 GMT (UK) »
I went over with an advance party DDay att to 3rd Canadians to set up RT communications (RA) and RAF personel to prepare landing field. Not a lot has been written about this but some reports say "A"Flight when it should have been a flight. I came back to UK Aug 15 44 to Hospital and never went back to 652 but went to Germany Dec 1945 until Dec 1946 32 Field Regt RA.
I seem to be on my own with all this.
Bob T
Bargh,Greaves. Bradley.Butler,Thomason Thirsk Taylor.Wall Thomas Massey Green

Offline DeeBoneham

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 652 AOP Squaron RAF & RA
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Might be worth putting something on www.rafcommands.com/forum as well :)  Got this from the RAFRA site AOPOA - Air Observation Post Officers Association - The Air Observation Post Officers Association (AOPOA) and Glider Pilot Regiment Association (GPRA) are affiliated to the AACA. Contact details: AACA Secretary, Regimental Office, HQ AAC, Middle Wallop, Stockbridge, Hampshire, SO20 8DY: tel 01264 784514: email: AACHQ-RHQ-AsstRegtSec AT mod.uk http://www.army.mod.uk/aviation/11401.aspx so might be worth contacting them too if they are still extant :)
Dee
75 (nz) Sqn
Boneham
Taylor

Offline Bobsy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 15 January 14 17:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Thanks for Reply
Link comes up "Page not Found"
But I tried that a few years ago when the president listed was the Secong in Comand of 652.
and it was officers only.
Bo T
Bargh,Greaves. Bradley.Butler,Thomason Thirsk Taylor.Wall Thomas Massey Green

Offline DeeBoneham

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 16 January 14 12:58 GMT (UK) »
Oh thats a shame about the Assn.  Reference the link if you go to www.rafcommands.com/forum try that but they dont have a search facility except via google.  Of course you could start your own thread and see what comes back.  They have some real experts on there.  The other is www.ww2talk.com :)
Dee
75 (nz) Sqn
Boneham
Taylor

Offline GrahamSimons

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 16 January 14 15:40 GMT (UK) »
You might find the Museum of Army Flying at Middle Wallop helpful - I was hoping to add a link to their website, but it seems not to be responding at present. www.armyflying.com
Simons Barrett Jaffray Waugh Langdale Heugh Meade Garnsey Evans Vazie Mountcure Glascodine Parish Peard Smart Dobbie Sinclair....
in Stirlingshire, Roxburghshire; Bucks; Devon; Somerset; Northumberland; Carmarthenshire; Glamorgan

Offline Robchas

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 14 January 18 13:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi all..i am new at this so Hi. All v. Interesting . this note is Jan 2018 but my step dad Andy Rich Anderson moved into 652 at end of 1944 or early 1945. He was justc19 and in bombing 576 sq. too. He like me was Canadian so keep writing it down even if on your own computer or printed notes i say. Internet makes it great.  Bye for now Robert in Australia...  :)